- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, Sick Bay (Vidyo room "Services")
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 98616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 98616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 98616#
Who's away?: ….
- BrowserID software push today
- BrowserID goes multi-DC tomorrow
- Offer out to Bob (Ops Eng)
- Nothing signed, but has verbally accepted.
- Reminder for some: Interviewing Ops Eng candidate "Brent" on Thursday
- metlog-py 0.8.1 released (significant config and app integration related improvements)
- work done on CEF back end for logstash
- first phase of mozsvc metlog integration completed
- nearly done integrating metlog into latest server-syncstorage
- gathered useful requirements re: specific data points to gather from existing production services
- dealing with backlog of bugs that we decided to fix in 2.0 only (e.g. collections table re-org)
- tried building some rpms
- out for rest of this week (travelling to PyCon, attending PyCon)
- working from Mountain View next week. Yay Pacific Time!
- work on some loadtesting etc
- Did basic load testing on Cassandra on ghetto cluster
- Ghetto cluster able to handle Socorro peak load, and then some
- Writing docs and docs and docs
Token Server (tarek/alexis)
* sql backend ready (with sharding) * still powerhose + tokenserver crypto
* Tarek is at Pycon * MOAR coffee * benching of the whole stack * finishing crypto bits * documentation on the tokenserver (internal doc) * Ask for code review on the c++ part to some c++ experts even if this is not finished yet, would need to have some advices from c++ folks) (gps, etc..) * change the pyvep dep to browserid (after the changed by rfk) * Take some time to review general services documentation and add howto start, etc.
Firefox Sync (gps)
- Major 2.0 + BID refactoring in progress in GitHub.
- Outstanding patches for rnewman now >500K, 14kloc :D
- Implemented generic client for Storage Service 2.0
- Implemented standalone Sync JS client
- HTTP MAC signing API
- Generic token server client
- Refactoring existing code to make it suck less
- Backporting patches to s-c when it makes sense, is easy
- add-on sync ships with Firefox 11 next week!
Android Sync (rnewman)
Clients landed. Yay Marina! Working on tabs, passwords, form history.
- QA setup
- Waiting for Mr. Good API
- Went to Urban Airship, learned all their secrets
- Collaborating with a community contributor on notifications UX: http://jsbin.com/akukug/2/edit#preview
- Working on notifications as an add-on
Testing and Sign-offs (tracy)
- bug 731024 Unsupported record types causes Android Sync to reorder folders containing livemarks/queries/separators on desktop. QA likely to block beta on this desktop UX issue. Which depends on;
- bug 708149 Handling of unsupported bookmark records.
- Caught up on NAS verifications
- QA waiting as anxiously as devs for content type work from Fennec team.
- No desktop client train last week
Sync Server (jbonacci)
- Working with rfkelly on initial QA/Dev testing of Sync 2.0 against various flavors of Linux
- Bug 727761 - [meta] implement sync2.0 on top of pyramid/cornice/mozsvc
- Bug 731511 - Make it easy to run functional tests against a remote server
- and a bunch of other tickets
- Working with jrconlin on some initial QA/Dev testing of BiPostal on qa1 VM
- QA test planning in in progress for the following projects:
- Token Server
- Sync 2.0/Token Server combo
- Train 22: Bug 732142 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.03.01 to production
- HotFix 1 for Issue 1235
- HotFix 2 for Issues 1258 and 1259
- Prod deployment for HotFix2, above:
- Bug 733287 - deploy hotfix browserid-server 2012.02.16-3 to production sweb
- Bug 733288 - bid dbwriters: monitor /wsapi/have_email
- Continue working with OPs on PHX1 build-out for BID
- Bug 695940 - BrowserID production tracking bug
- Bug 726614 - browserid: multi-datacenter tracking bug
BrowserID automation (jrgm)
Reports and Monitoring (daniel)
- No updates for this week