Owner: [https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/bsmedberg/ Benjamin Smedberg] (:bsmedberg)
Peers: [https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/ally/ Ally Naagktgeboren]
== Data Collection Properties ==
* Does this data collection represent any unusual privacy or legal risk to users or Mozilla?
== Requirements ==
* Data collection details must be documented using the in-tree histogram definitions or the in-tree documentation system (.rst files).
* New data collection or changes to data collection must be approved by the data collection module owner or peers by requesting review on the patch which updates the in-tree documentation.
== Requesting Approval ==
* To ensure that it is still necessary and useful to collect a piece of data.
* To re-identify who is responsible for the collection, monitoring, and reporting of collected data.
== Approval for new Telemetry probes ==
These are the standard questions for any new Telemetry probes:
* What are the questions that these probes are designed to address? Is this the minimum amount of data necessary to answer those questions?
* Who is responsible for monitoring the data? How often will they do it? Do the necessary monitoring dashboards already exist or who is going to create them?
* What's the user value?
The requirements are more stringent for opt-out probes on the Release channel and probes that never expire.