Stewards/Coding/Group 01 16 13
- Meeting time: Wednesday, January 16 at 11 AM Pacific
- Video: David's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 9634#
- Back channel: #planning
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/User:teoli/TestPopcorn - Building Firefox from scratch on Ubuntu
- Community dashboards
- Adding contributors to release notes for next Firefox release
- Next steps with Kyle's review charts -- split out R- and R+ and compare time from R+ to closing bug fixed
- Measure effectiveness of patch approveded email: https://projects.mozilla.org/browse/BA-90
- Other dashboards items
- New ideas to discuss
- New contributor dashboards/metrics for portions of the tree (eg. gfx/, dom/, whatever)
- Get engineers to tag nontrivial bugs with common annotation (eg. [complex]). Write a tool that watches for successful resolution of these bugs and adds assignee to list of promising contributors.
- How to coordinate with new Bugmaster role? (Liz Henry / lhenry / :lizzard)
- Maybe we're going about coding contribution wrong? Most of our most successful coding contributors started as triagers, then writing testcases, then full-on engineering.
- Coding community manager
- Community Manager, Firefox Engineering posted
- Setting community managers up for success
- Rewards process for contributors
- jdm's prototype for contributor first patch notifier to feed into Gear Store for sending shirts
- Webdev Stewards are creating a badge pilot meant as case study for other teams interested in badges
- Regular discussions at 10:30 pacific if you'd like to learn more
- Coding Community Tools
- The mobile team is experimenting with posting a "featured bug" (http://lucasr.org/2012/12/07/featured-bug-1-in-firefox-for-android/)
- Academic institutions
- Move forward with just mailing list: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/education
- Clean up references to Google Groups and newsgroup versions of forum that aren't linked anymore
- Any next steps with student-project keyword?
- Creating a case study that would promote this work and make it easier to duplicate?
- Contributor survey
- Liz and David to connect about QA contribution funnel and the Get Involved page and report back to group
- Casey to talk to gps about improving Mach docs