Stewards/Coding/Group 12 05 12
- Meeting time: Wednesday, December 5 at 11 AM Pacific
- Video: David's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 9634#
- Back channel: #planning
- Community building workshops
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/User:teoli/TestPopcorn - Building Firefox from scratch on Ubuntu
- Community dashboards
- Enhancements for patch dashboards
- Measure effectiveness of first patch approved email
- Kyle looking into this as part of Bugzilla Anthropology: https://projects.mozilla.org/browse/BA-90
- Other dashboards in the works
- New ideas to discuss
- New contributor dashboards/metrics for portions of the tree (eg. gfx/, dom/, whatever)
- Get engineers to tag nontrivial bugs with common annotation (eg. [complex]). Write a tool that watches for successful resolution of these bugs and adds assignee to list of promising contributors.
- Coding community manager
- Community Manager, Firefox Engineering posted
- Setting community managers up for success
- Identifying coding areas with needs for community management -- Firefox OS, webdev, education liaison, ???
- Rewards process for contributors
- jdm's prototype for contributor first patch notifier to feed into Gear Store for sending shirts
- graememcc's prototype for tool to issue badges to people contributing to a specific Firefox release
- Could also use for adding info about new contributors for that release to release notes, automating credits additions, content for Spotlights, Friend of Tree?
- Defining other recognition points on coding path
- Coding Community Tools
- Academic institutions
- Move forward with just mailing list: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/education
- Clean up references to Google Groups and newsgroup versions of forum that aren't linked anymore
- Any next steps with student-project keyword?
- Creating a case study that would promote this work and make it easier to duplicate?
- Contributor survey
- David to follow up with Dietrich and Ben about possibly running community building workshops at a B2G work week
- Josh to think about where to promote the Building Firefox screencast
- Kyle to report when he can measure effectiveness of first patch approved emails in Bugzilla
- Seif to investigate how to update the Firefox release notes to include people who have submitted their first patch for that release