Firefox 85 SUMO Sprint
What is SUMO Sprint?
SUMO Day/SUMO Sprint is that time of the week where the whole Mozilla community comes together to answer incoming questions on the support forum for Firefox, Firefox for Android, and Firefox for iOS users. Check out this page to learn more about it.
What's new in Firefox 85
|Other Bookmarks folder||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/remove-other-bookmarks-folder-from-bookmarks-toolbar||New article|
|https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/forum-response-remove-other-bookmarks-folder-from-the-bookmarks-toolbar||New forum common response|
|Credit card autofill||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/credit-card-autofill||updated|
|What's new in Firefox for Android||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/whats-new-firefox-android#mobile::m85||updated|
Find out more
- Release notes
- Firefox 85-Desktop community discussion
- What's new on Firefox for Android 85
- On bookmarking improvements. A new pref (browser.toolbars.bookmarks.2h2020) is created to enable the following changes:
- Changes the default location of bookmarks to the Bookmarks Toolbar (and make the default folder follow the last folder in which users bookmarked).
- “Other Bookmarks” folder will automatically appear at the Bookmark Toolbar if it is not empty. (Check the forum common response above to remove it)
- Replaces the Bookmarks Toolbar hide/show toggle with new options for showing the Bookmarks Toolbar either "Only on new tab", "Always", or "Never".
- Shows an “Import Bookmarks” button in the Bookmarks Toolbar for new users (if users have no bookmarks).
- Flash EOL. Here's a common response for that. And another one for users who worried about the end of Flash.
How to get involved in the sprint?
Join us in our community portal event and contribute by:
- Answer forum questions
- Respond to actionable tweets
Answer forum questions
Respond to actionable tweets
You can also help many people who are having problems with their Firefox by responding to actionable tweets (meaning that the tweet expressed that somebody need support). Check out this article or take this short course to know more about how you can help people on Twitter. We strongly recommend existing community members to use Conversocial to reply to tweets from the official support account, @FirefoxSupport.
How can I get more help?
You can join our Matrix channel to ask questions/join community discussion.