Support/Goals/2011Q3/Reporting top Firefox issues
Develop a model for incorporating non-urgent/non-breaking issues that come up in Firefox (desktop) into a report or to get work on fixing them.
This is in conjunction with Sheila's team who will be heading up the project management side of things.
- Incorporate metrics from the KB in monthly reports
- Settled on goals of measuring KB reads and tracking how those change with releases/over time
- Come up with a plan for reporting such feedback
- Monthly overview reports in conjunction with Ibai
- Report and act on one item in Q3 with a system in place for reporting ~ 1 per month or 1-2 per release cycle.
- Will likely need to do this without the KB metrics for Q3. Collecting feedback around the release process for Q3 and pushing that forward.
- Make sure product team listens to the feedback.
For pushing one (general) issue in Q3:
- Talk with Sheila about what kinds of "issues" are best reported in this way (what makes an issue actionable etc.) (Done)
- Make a list of possible issues to tackle. (Ongoing)
- Work with Sheila on picking a specific issue to push and drive.
- Gather input/metrics to help drive that feature and support efforts by project managers to push that forward.
For collecting better KB metrics:
- Talk to Metrics team about what metrics make sense. (Done)
- Implement those metrics (Ongoing)
- Track changes in those metrics against what we expect given forum data.
- Integrate this into regular reporting.