Many of our troubleshooting articles are failing
More than half of our top twenty troubleshooting articles have a helpfulness rating of less than fifty percent. The top ten failing troubleshooting articles have an average helpfulness (weighted for popularity) of 36.95%.
Top 10 failing troubleshooting articles
- Firefox Crashes
- Error loading websites
- Basic Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Extensions and Themes
- Firefox hangs
- Troubleshooting plugins
- Firefox will not start
- Lost Bookmarks
- Username and password not remembered
- Firefox cannot load websites but other programs can
Reference: Helpfulness of top troubleshooting articles
Increase the weighted average helpfulness of the top 10 failing troubleshooting articles to over 50%
There are two basic things we can do:
- Improve the articles (re-write, add screencasts, emphasize the most popular solution).
- Write new articles that supersede the old articles. For example, maybe something like a "Factory Reset" (new profile and clean install) to replace Firefox is Slow, Basic troubleshooting, Fx takes a long time to start up, most of Firefox Crashes.
- [DONE] [2011-07-12] Start a thread in the Articles forum to discuss improvements to articles and possible new articles. Forum thread
- [NEW] [2011-08-09] Complete first round of changes/write new articles and monitor helpfulness ratings
- Depending on the results, multiple rounds of revisions and monitoring will be needed.
- [NEW] [2011-08-30] Complete all changes.
- [NEW] [2011-09-27] Collect helpfulness data and compare with the baseline.