- 10:00 PST
- 13:00 EST
- 17:00 UTC during summer
- 19:00 CET
- 12:00 CST
Phone call details:
- California: 650-903-0800 then extension 92
- Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92
- Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369
- Skype (free): +18007072533 then password 369
Then, enter the conference number: 435#
Feel free to add to this!
Meeting time and place
- When should we have these meetings?
- suggestion to start 30 min later and have the meeting be only 30min long.
- Where should we have these meetings?
New KB Process
- Forum thread
- New KB dashboard coming Aug 30
- What improvements can we ask sumodev for that will make this better?
- Changes needed feature
- Other comments
- Let's make it as easy as possible to contribute - don't have to ask permission first - just create a new document or make a revision without asking permission first or having to document what you've done.
- Keeping track in the discussion thread is a duplication of effort and is unintuitive for new users. New users also don't have the permission to change the thread titles.
- Michael will try to update the text instructions this week. Maybe some video instructions too.
- Do we still need the KB articles forum? Maybe not. The discussion is happening in the article discussion tabs - even for new articles. Everything else can happen in the community forum or possibly this meeting.
Firefox 7 Updates
Firefox 7 for mobile won't be available in the "help with" UI after the sumo push on 8/30
- Mobile - Michelle says these aren't done but are ready for feedback:
- Will Firefox work on my mobile device?
- How do I change my language on mobile?
- How do I copy and paste text on mobile?
- Getting started with Firefox for mobile
- Desktop - Michael said he'd draft this on Wednesday
- Options window - Advanced panel
Firefox 8 Updates
- What needs to be documented?
- One HUGE thing will be 3rd part add-on being disabled on upgrade.
Questions and comments
- Ubuntu's "Unity" interface is crazy. It makes many of our Linux instructions slightly wrong.
- Maybe a general article about this explaining what's up with Unity.