Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2011
- 12:00 PST
- 15:00 EST
- 19:00 UTC during summer
- 21:00 CET
- 14:00 CST
Phone call details:
- California: 650-903-0800 then extension 92
- Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92
- Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369
- Skype (free): +18007072533 then password 369
Then, enter the conference number: 9435#
- Guest video link
- You will need to download and install the Vidyo desktop software.
Feel free to add to this!
New KB Process
- Q&A about the new KB process
- Michael and Michelle were the only attendees, so there was no Q&A.
- Michael will work on a video introduction to editing the KB for the Improve the Knowledge Base article.
Making review process better
- Michelle brought up that our review process can be unfriendly and not really reflective of what is happening.
- Here's a proposal for improving the situation:
How about we use the term "Reviewed" instead of "Rejected"? When reviewing you have the option to "Approve" or "Defer". Deferring will let you send a note to the contributor and mark the revision as "Reviewed". Instead of being lined out in the history it will just be a bit lighter gray and a new revision can still be created based on it (you can do this with rejected edits now but it looks like you shouldn't). The subject of the notification you get would be, "Your revision has been reviewed:NAME OF ARTICLE"
- We should make Approval notifications go to everyone who has contributed to a revision.
KB Review powers
We don't have a process to make someone an English KB reviewer. Right now Kitsune admins (sumo and sumodev teams) and localizers can review KB edits. There are also a few other long-time contributors that can do reviews. It was always the plan to have English reviews be a separate permission in Kitsune. Since our little community is growing we need to start figuring this out.
- Questions and comments
- Fx 8 planning for mobile
- Web apps is out
- Add bookmarks to home screen is in
- Master password support is in
- all-hands talk
- Michelle will be presenting her plan to make Mobile support awesome.