- 1 Meeting Details
- 2 Quickish overview
- 3 Design & Development work
- 4 Desktop
- 5 Mobile
- 6 Services
- 7 Marketplace
- 8 Metrics
- 9 Localization
- 10 Community
- 11 Roundtable
- 09:00 PDT
- 11:00 CDT
- 12:00 EDT
- 16:00 UTC
- 18:00 CET
Phone call details:
- California: 650-903-0800 then extension 92
- Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92
- Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369
- Skype (free): +18007072533 then password 369
Then, enter the conference number: 9435#
- Guest video link
- You will need to download and install the Vidyo desktop software.
irc.mozilla.org: #sumo <== Click the link to use web-based chat
Design & Development work
Many of the recommendations are content changes that can be done without design and development. There are, however, some key pieces that will require changes to the site:
- New navigation - home pages, product picker, breadcrumbs
- New article templates
- New search results pages
- Topic pages
- AAQ flow
- New search features - Tailored search (Q2), Faceting/Predictive search (Q3), Search suggestions(Q3)
Here's the 2012 Kitsune roadmap. Most of the things above fall under "Redesign implementation" in Q2.
There are a lot of recommendations to implement around improving our existing content. It actually cuts across desktop, mobile and services. It's a goal to complete all of this in Q2.
- Creating a style guide
- Completion of the synonym ring
- Tagging articles
- Renaming articles
- Suggested tweaks to existing article content
In addition, we want to continue to work on the home page by implementing task based browsing with the resources we have while we wait for the design and development work that perfect it. Bram has started this work on https://support.allizom.org and Michelle has done it for mobile at https://support.allizom.org/mobile (more on that in the mobile section)
Michael, Michelle and Ibai have at some point thought about how to improve our in-content help. We should come up with a plan around this.
- Michael & Cheng are working on creating a Breaking Issues team.
- Firefox 11 breaking issues - A few things were documented this week , , , , . The big problem has been the blocklisting of Java which was complicated by mistakes on our part and by Apple.
- We are way behind on documenting Firefox 12 changes. I don't believe any of these have been done.
Windows 2000, Windows XP SP1, Fx 3.6 EOL
- We'll need articles for each of these. Laura Mesa is working on in-content billboards that will link to sumo for more info.
There were some gaps identified by the IA work:
- How to change the language Firefox uses
- General Internet and computer info (this was seen at the Firefox Clinic)
- More video
- start page draft on support.allizom.org/mobile with drafts of landing pages
- working on the list of articles to update in the goal https://wiki.mozilla.org/Support/Goals/NativeUIdocs
- Since nativeUI wasn't delivered in Q1, this will continue to Q2 goals; in breaking news, FF13 will not be the vehicle for nativeUI delivery. It will be FF14 instead, but off-the-train, so we'll somehow put 14 into the android market at end of April FWIU after just hearing about it.
- New articles we need to write:
- Search tools for mobile
- Scoobidiver's list
- What's new
- Existing articles we need to update:
- How do I add a bookmark (shortcut) to my phone's home screen?
- How do I use bookmarks on mobile?
- How do I use tabs on mobile?
- How do I change my language on mobile?
- How do I enlarge the font size?
- How do I find and install add-ons?
- Ibai is working on IA success metrics
English KB editors & reviewers
- Rosana is working on a program to recruit KB editors from universities.