- 09:00 PDT
- 11:00 CDT
- 12:00 EDT
- 16:00 UTC
- 18:00 CET
Phone call details:
- California: 650-903-0800 then extension 92
- Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92
- Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369
- Skype (free): +18007072533 then password 369
Then, enter the conference number: 9435#
- Guest video link
- You will need to download and install the Vidyo desktop software.
irc.mozilla.org: #sumo <== Click the link to use web-based chat
No meeting this week. Please add status updates and items you want people to know about to this page.
Design & Development work
- How do we assign products to all existing articles?
- Currently, all articles already have a product associated with it (are there exceptions to this rule?)
- The problem is, product and topic is mixed up
- The solution is to first implement a product model (bug 768218)
- Then, we map the product name inside the topic to the product name inside the product
- Having an show/hide switch for product might be nice. It will allow us to start writing every help articles related to a product without exposing it publicly in the IA, and then premier the whole thing on launch day
- Non-support articles will be addressed below
- Migrating current tags to controlled vocabulary
- The good news is, every article will be organized in a controlled way after we are done with retagging
- A big part of having a controlled vocabulary is to prevent arbitrary topic creation
- This does not have to be solved by changing the topics model. We can simply eliminate text box as topic entry method
- Instead of text box, have checkboxes that list all topics available. Contributors can select multiple checkboxes, but he won’t be able to add new ones
- We don't currently have access to page views in Kitsune
- Is it possible to get page views from Webtrends and then sort Kitsune articles based on that?
- We don’t have to get page views dynamically, even though that’s the future goal
- Maybe we will only need fresh page order update at the end of every week (every Friday)
- But this is a hacky solution. Plus, we might move to Google Analytics in the future
- A bit unrelated and maybe a P3, I think that bounce is also an important metric here, because it allows us to see what articles are working, and what don’t
- What about non support articles like superstars wanted. Do they need products/ topics.
- I think that it’s up to us whether we make it a product or a topic
- Technically, it’s a document type: KB articles, forum threads, administrative/non-KB articles
- My proposal: make “contributors” and non-support articles a kind of product, because it doesn’t break our design requirement: that a product is mandatory to assign for every article.
Need more clarification:
- In-Product link articles will always show at the top of lists based on page views
- New article titles & tagging should be finished today.
- New article summaries should be finished Friday.
- Flash issues persist - many article updates have been required - helpfulness hovering around 70.8 - 70.9%
- KB College Program has been defined. We'll try to pilot it for the Firefox 16 release cycle.