Support/Live Chat/Web Client/Events
All backend communication of events is handled by org.mozilla.support.chatapp.EventServlet, which converts events to and from JSON representation for communication.
Full documentation is available in the Event Javadoc
- Event objects are created by widgets and components and are the basis of all AJAX communication
- Event priority determines when an event is dispatched over Ajax. (0=immediately, 1=next loop iteration, 2=with next event)
- There are two types of events used, 'Origin' and 'Target'.
- Origin events are those being communicated by a component to many other components. They are dispatched to all components listening to the originating component.
- Target events are commands targeted at a specific widget/component, such as draw events. Other components can register as as a 'spy' to listen to target events for a component.
- Each event has an unlimited number of named parameters, which can have special meanings for each event.
- Events are converted to JSON when being communicated over AJAX.