Support/Mobile/Weekly Mobile Meetings/2014-05-28
SuMo Mobile Meeting
- 5:30PM UTC (10:30AM PT) (Held every Wednesday)
- Vidyo room: Michelle Luna (213) Estimated time: 25 minutes - 1 Hour
- #sumo (IRC) is where links will be transmitted between each other.
- You need to have Vidyo in order to join. Join link: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=fKwqhBZxagXP Please enter guest name and then click join.
- To call in: +1 650 903 0800, x92 9213 OR +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - conf 9213
Present at meeting (enter your name here):
- Roland Tanglao, Michelle Luna, Aimee Forsstrom, Hermina Condei, Ralph Daub, Joni Savage, Mike Cooper, Kadir Topal, Patrick McClard
Previous Mobile Meeting
- Previous Minutes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Support/Mobile/Weekly_Mobile_Meetings/2014-05-21
- Video of Previous Meeting: https://air.mozilla.org/the-sumo-mobile-meeting-20140521/ (for vouched Mozillians)
Any Previous business
- UA to start providing some positive and negative points from weekly input feedback - Aimee
- UA to look at providing some useful verbatims for FireFox for Android and FireFoxOS - Rob Aimee - I think Rob is doing this in the Etherpad he prepares for the Tuesday Mobile Planning meeting
LG Fireweb update:
- Remains version 126.96.36.199. Fixes the following issues:
- When we make a call to any number (call from D300), the proximity sensor only starts working after 4 or 5 seconds.
- If the customer placing the mobile phone in the face before starting the proximity sensor, the LCD is on and customer triggers the functions with the facial skin. In this case the user triggers the button "mode standby" or "end call" (Issue - No Sound / No Call)
ZTE Open C:
- Russian, Simplified Chinese, and many other keyboards added to the ZTE Open. Rejoice!
- Official update. Tap on the "Software Update" icon in the Home Screen. 1004711
- Update for Root access! Uses a Windows utility: http://en.comebuy.com/developer-firefox-os-open-c.html
Firefox OS and Android News and feedback
Input update machine translations have been enabled on input Overall Sentiment from 11th of May to 18th of May [happy = 35% Sad = 65%] Main version reported on is still 1.1 with 84% of requests [overall requests 561] We are averaging around 400/500 requests on input per week Small number of Russian requests no surprise that 89% say they need a Russian keyboard but also comment on how they like the phone
The main areas where we can improve:
- > Consumers want more applications biggest request was for WhatsApp
- > Consumers having problems with not being able to update through their phone and wanting the latest OS
The main issues where people are happy
- > Price point is a big win with people
- > People like the privacy and openness of the OS
Possible bugs to look into
- > Complaints on not being able to access Facebook app was quite high
- > Problems with downloading apps through marketplace unsure if this was from marketplace error
Firefox For Android
- search and contextual hints experiments are being coded and designed (the weekly Android engineering meeting has some links to bugs and other fun stuff about that in this wiki page):
- Thick bars in Firefox 30 on reddit and other sites: bug 1014333 (fixed in Firefox 31 for Android)
- World cup stuff is almost ready and going to be on add-ons
- Should a section for the $25 smartphone and one section for the tablets be opened up here on the etherpad or too soon? -Andrew (feer56) [roland] i don't think it's too soon but can't tablet and $25 device go into the normal Firefox OS sections instead of creating new sections?
- oSUMO: rewrite for tarako, has an online version working already. Working on a topic browser now then will have a prototype.
- BuddyUp live help testing in Portland next week, just 5 participants and a chance for the team to see the apps and how users respond, what it is like to give live help for Firefox OS.
Notes for the next meeting
- UA - Aimee to start producing a deeper report for FireFoxOS with team
- PDF report to be shared with Sumo team - would like to know what team feels is best Wednesday to Tuesday per week or Sunday to Monday
- Ralph to check in on build ids with Hermina's LG
- Hermina to look back at the usage app and ppl seeing no SIM when they have a SIM
- Related bug? bug 941531 [QCRIL][CDMA][wasabi] Cost Usage show "No SIM inserted" msg in notifications after restarting
- Aimee and Hermina to chat and discuss work week reporting work day
- Aimee to follow up on Sim insert issue and correlation between reports on lack of connection with facebook app and marketplace >> to look across 11th to 27th input data
- Aimee to report on internal statistics collection ideas for Buddy-Up
Template available at: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sumo-mobile-template