Support/Weekly Meetings/Notes 2012-06-04
Mondays (meeting duration approx. 30 minutes) at:
- 9:00 AM PST
- 12:00 Noon EST
- 16:00 UTC during summer
- 18:00 CET
- 11:00 CST
Phone call details:
- California: 1-650-903-0800, x92 then 9309 then #,
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
Participate in the video:
- Video link (You'll have to download and install the Vidyo Desktop client)
irc.mozilla.org: #sumo <== Click the link to use web-based chat
Sumo Development Update
- Finishing sprint 2012.10
- Starting sprint 2012.11 tomorrow
- Highlighted helpful votes are now sorted by score, where score = # helpful votes - # unhelpful votes.
- The prototype tests are finished. I will share it later this week to forum contributors. It will consist of a few stuff:
- The wireframes that we have finished tweaking
- A short report describing why we did what we did
- The test data documents, describing each incident in details, and our recommendations for each
- A link to the test videos
- Sometime next week, there’s going to be a presentation on the new IA, just like every phase before
- Big thanks to Verdi for implementing the new IA visually!
- Please add your comments, questions and updates here.
Firefox Status Update
Firefox 13 will release tomorrow.
- New Tab Page - Verdi will be updating the documentation to include steps for adding new sites from your bookmarks. We will also be creating documentation for what to do if the thumbnails do not show.
- Force Migration to 12 instead of 13 Bug #759151 - We will be creating documentation to address this use case. Anyone reporting this issue in the forums should be directed the KB articles.
- Netflix video errors "you are viewing from more than one tab" Bug #756289 - This might be fixed by #757262. We will create a forum thread about the issue just to be safe. If we see a lot of traffic, we can turn it into a KB article.
- Youtube and Netflix sound continues to play after the tab is closed Bug #757262 - This one did not get very much time for testing even though the fix has landed. As with the previous issue, we will create forum thread for it just to be safe. We are assuming it will be a non-issue.
- Issue with uploading files Bug #757284 - QA has verified this fix. There should be no need to document.
Full details here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/contributors/708411?last=47019
- L10n coverage back to usual levels, great work and thank you very much superhero localizers! This was a lot to do since we had the Firefox 13 and the native UI articles.
- Notes and video from the last KB meeting. The next meeting is Thursday, June 7 at 9am PDT.
- Michelle implemented new topic and product landing pages and tested them over the weekend - you can see this now on production.
- Michael staged an update to the topic and product landing pages based on the wireframes from June 1 - you can see this now on allizom.
- Michael and Matt are working on renaming and adding topics to the last 60 or so KB articles.
- Matt outlined some known issues that we'll document for the Firefox 13 launch.
- We need help updating articles for Firefox 14 - we have two more weeks to complete them. If you can help or have questions, please talk to Michael.
- New SUMO Day this Thursday! We expect a higher number of questions due to the Firefox 13 release so let's try to hit 100% answered questions again.
- Thunderbird 13 scheduled to be shipped same time as Firefox 13 June 5 with two big new features: Filelink for big files with partner Yousendit, and Get a New Email Account with partners gandi and Hover (a division of Tucows)
- Thunderbird Support Day Wednesday June 6, 2012.