After running tests with visual metrics enabled on try you will notice that retriggering the tasks (along with the vismet tasks) is not straightforward. To retrigger them correctly, you will have to do the following:
- In Treeherder, select the vismet task that you want to retrigger.
- Click the Task link to inspect it in TaskCluster.
- Under Task Details click See More.
- Under Dependencies click the browsertime task.
- Scroll up and click the Treeherder job link.
- In the job details panel click the … and select Custom Action.
- Select the retrigger action if it wasn't already selected.
- Set downstream to true.
- Enter the number of times it should be retriggered in times.
See bug 1602893 for more information on this issue.
If you are back-filling jobs for finding a performance regression and an existing push does not have the target test, then when you are selecting the test to run, make sure you select the vismet job and it will trigger the test task.