Thunderbird Meeting Details
- Who's taking minutes? --> Standard8
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Calls For Help
- dmose - triage [tb3needs] bugs
- clarkbw - send mail about drivers about triaging 3.0b1 wanted this week
- For reference, Gecko 1.9.1b3: Jan 13 Code Freeze, Jan 15 QA, Jan 26 Release according to their plan.
- clarkbw is release driver
- gozer is build engineer
- Proposed: Slushy string freeze from: Monday 2nd February 23:59 PST (three weeks)
- Proposed: Firm string freeze and slushy Code freeze from: Thursday 5th February 23:59 PST
- Proposed Blocking
- We need to drive bugs with large string changes, e.g., archive, auto config, activity manager. Some way of marking bugs needing strings would be useful.
- Archive patch landed.
- One problem with local folders.
- Activity Manager is awaiting a new patch from Emre.
- AutoConfig is further away from review - initial patches posted bug 422814.
- Multiple e-mail addresses and tags needs strings.
- Multiple e-mails not a priority for b2.
- Archive patch landed.
- time to truly clamp down and ship sooner rather than later, even at the cost of substantial feature cuts
- we need to get everything tracked in bugzilla
- we will now have component drivers so that people actually own keeping subsets of bugs well-triaged
- dmose to propose component assignments tuesday
- things to file & triage:
- component drivers: blocking+ / blocking? bugs
- davida: development roadmap
- clarkbw: UX bugs from last weeks meeting
- dmose: message reader bugs, tb3needs bugs
- new triage rules
- to stay on blocking+ list, a bug must be owned by someone, even if that's (temporarily) the component driver
- for each triaged bug on the blocking list: owner, target milestone, priority (P1 - P3; will be used to move bugs if milestone added)
- criteria for blocking+: if this were the last blocker, we would make all of our users wait even longer for the existing changes in order to get the fix for this one?
- to think about:
- when do we branch? (i suspect immediately after b2)
- when do we lock down the branch for only blocking+ and approved+ (i suspect a couple of weeks after b2)
- how do we want to handle existing wanted+ bugs? (throw them off the list?)
- when should we target having the first round of filing / triage done? (1 week from Tuesday?)
- There will be a TB 3 beta 3 (milestone created in bugzilla)
- bug 471492 crash [@ nsImapMailFolder::CopyMessagesOffline]
- bug 422907 nsMsgLocalMailFolder::GetTrashFolder (rootFolder is null)
- bug 470804 NS_GetInnermostURI (CAPS?) (TB2) (patch landed on trunk - not 1.9.1 or 1.8.x)
- bug 470808 nsProxyEventObject::CallMethod (imap)
bug 470835 nsMsgLocalMailFolder::AddMessage (should be fixed in 12-23 nightly)(optimistically gone)
- in-testsuite? = bugs that need tests
- bug days resumed
- clarkbw, asuth, davida will be going down to MV this afternoon for several days.
- davida is expecting to attend FOSDEM & CBIT.
- planning 2009
- long term planning
- working w/ clarkbw and others re: UX 3.0 planning
- goals for next two weeks:
- improve efficiency of personal daily planning (on track)
- figure out how to excise more distractions from my day (on track)
- finish driving tb3 plan towards better alignment with reality (on track)
- drive JS-in-mailnews patches into the tree (some progress)
- finish GloDa review (lagging)
- triage message-reader bugs (not yet started)
- non-goal activities
- various strategy work/discussion
- Wrapping up mozmill work - now sort-of usable in TB.
- Minor patches - bug 432903 and bug 461317
- Triage, Rumbling Edge, QA, Mozmill discussions.
- School starts this week so will be shuffling on and offline.
- Sorted out blocker lists
- bug 472492 fix "ex = TypeError: GetDBView() is null" warnings seen in leak & bloat tests
Two week goals (end of week 2):
- Complete Password Manager migration
- bug 419595 review comments addressed and patch landed.
- Investigated and fixed issues with "complicated" usernames (i.e. "firstname.lastname@example.org") as a result of investigating bug 155172.
- Need clarkbw's review on bug 239131
- Need dolske's review on bug 472824 and to get it landed in 1.9.1 (have now requested blocking).
- The transition will fix bug 155172, bug 469221 (both blockers) and several other bugs.
- Complete moving Leak and Bloat to Mozmill (if Mozmill issues are resolved)
- Issues for running with Mozmill appear to be fixed. Need to spend some time working on the revised test.
- Investigate if there is a simpler way to switch fully to toolkit autocomplete without doing too much work.
- Found a fix for bug 343332 however it still didn't solve the issues completely therefore dropped the bugs from my assigned list for now.
- Look at Performance tests
- Get some rough ideas of what & how.
- Had meeting with Alice (from MoCo) and got some good info on what Firefox does. Meeting minutes.
- Get some rough ideas of what & how.
Two week goals (start of week 1):
- Finish driving in Password Manager
- Implement send in background
- Investigate Weave pop-tart system
- Try and get initial numbers for Ts to see if we can enable jemalloc.
- Reviews and Driving
- Use translated version of Local Folders for new local folders account, bug 464425
Two week goals (week 2)
- Finish folder archiving work. bug 451995
- Initial patch landed. Tracking bug for remaining work - bug 473212
Two week goals (week 1) Get back to autoconfig repo; try to get pieces of it ready for review.
- I've been doing massive cleanup on the code, and have generated a couple wip patches in bug 422814
- Posted patch for message reader reply button
- Bug triage
- blurbed about bugs that need litmus testcases
- pinged ~30 FIXED bugs that may still need tests - in-testsuite?
- updated Thunderbird:Testing to include running nightlies and early releases
- Mac and Windows builds were made but our QA was out sick, so testing will happen this week
- Having problems with Linux builds and will be looking at getting those soon
- SeaMonkey now uses the same ID and hiding method for status bar progress indicator, making life easier for shared code - bug 458533
- Did some testing of Lightning in SeaMonkey with Mnyromyr's tabmail patch - works fine with this, no error console messages, some missing menu items (overlay issues)
- Drafted 2009 event/conference plan. Still need to finalize resourcing (attendance, sponsorship).
- Evaluating GetSatisfaction as part of our support/help strategy. We have 35 articles in there already.
- Continuing web site work, coordinate web site localization.
Two Week Goal
- Distribution plan.
- Continue work on Support/Help plan.
- Beta 2 work.
davida, dmose, Standard8, bienvenu, clarkbw, wsmwk, beckley, Kairo, Rebron