: Etherpad users! We are developing an extension that will allow you to create pages from etherpads quickly and easily. Please visit our sandbox and help us test it.


From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

last meeting | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details : Cancelled


Action Items




Thunderbird 3 Beta 2

  • For reference, Gecko 1.9.1b3: Jan 13 Code Freeze, Jan 15 QA, Jan 26 Release according to their plan.
  • clarkbw is release driver
  • gozer is build engineer
  • Slushy string freeze from: Thursday 29th January 23:59 PST (1.5 weeks)
  • Firm string freeze and slushy Code freeze from: Tuesday 3rd February 23:59 PST
  • Firm code/string freeze from: Thursday 5th February 23:59 PST
  • l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze from: Sunday 8th February 23:59 PST

(blocker numbers etc updated Monday)

  • We need to drive bugs with large string changes, e.g., archive, auto config, activity manager. Some way of marking bugs needing strings would be useful.
    • Archive patch landed.
    • Activity Manager is awaiting a new patch from Emre.
    • AutoConfig bug 422814.

Thunderbird 3

  • time to truly clamp down and ship sooner rather than later, even at the cost of substantial feature cuts
  • we need to get everything tracked in bugzilla
  • we will now have component drivers so that people actually own keeping subsets of bugs well-triaged
    • dmose to propose component assignments tuesday
  • things to file & triage:
    • component drivers: blocking+ / blocking? bugs
    • davida: development roadmap
    • clarkbw: UX bugs from last weeks meeting
    • dmose: message reader bugs, tb3needs bugs
  • new triage rules
    • to stay on blocking+ list, a bug must be owned by someone, even if that's (temporarily) the component driver
    • for each triaged bug on the blocking list: owner, target milestone, priority (P1 - P3; will be used to move bugs if milestone added)
    • criteria for blocking+: if this were the last blocker, we would make all of our users wait even longer for the existing changes in order to get the fix for this one?
  • to think about:
    • when do we branch? (i suspect immediately after b2)
    • when do we lock down the branch for only blocking+ and approved+ (i suspect a couple of weeks after b2)
    • how do we want to handle existing wanted+ bugs? (throw them off the list?)
    • when should we target having the first round of filing / triage done? (1 week from Tuesday?)
    • There will be a TB 3 beta 3 (milestone created in bugzilla)

QA Updates


Status Updates

  • driver discussions w.r.t. 3.0b2
  • planning FOSDEM trip
  • UX discussions w/ clarkbw
  • trip to MV to sync up with labs folks
  • recover from bad laptop experience
  • Triaging more often now since Mozmill in TB is sort-of working now.
  • Patches, triage, bugday, etc.

Non-goal activities:

  • Reviews
  • bug 126491 Drop "Card for:" on address book contact preview panes (part of the Card -> Contact rename).

Two week goals (start of week 2):

  • Finish driving in Password Manager
    • LANDED!
    • Fixed regressions/problems:
      • bug 437635 (Multiple Master passwords again), bug 473973 (Calendar gdata issue), bug 474277 Incorrect use of real versus original usernames (caused at least some imap problems).
    • Outstanding regressions/problems:
      • bug 473715 LDAP fails in autocomplete
      • bug 474115 Unknown, reporter is unclear (possible failure points are fixed afaict)
  • Implement send in background
    • Currently fixing/reworking code/interfaces to provide an improved server/listener type format so that we can have one service where everything "send later" related happens, and decent feedback for the UI e.g. activity manager.
    • Looking to get at least a turned-off by default version into the code this week.
    • bug 473458 Clean up nsIMsgWindow arguments on some functions so that we don't need a msgWindow for the send later code.
    • bug 473740 Tidied up the service, dropped the intermediate nsIMessenger functions.
  • Investigate Weave pop-tart system
    • Started to look at, may be difficult for passwords, but could easily do for prompts. Probably worth integrating with the interactive status bar.
  • Try and get initial numbers for Ts to see if we can enable jemalloc.
  • Back from vacation
  • Massive burnage now mostly under control, summary of events:
    • NAS throughput problems [worked on]
    • Power outage at MPT Colo
    • VM Disk Corruption
    • Blue Screening win2k builder [ reimaged builder ]
    • spreadthunderbird.com
      • Drupal security advisory
      • Eats 100% CPU and 100% RAM sometimes
      • Being spidered by Yahoo/MSN/Google/others doesn't help
    • Networking instabilities (timeouts)

More organized update next week.

  • triage tab bugs and update meta bug 392328
  • triage tags/labels bugs and update meta bug 432710 (if any are missing, they would probably be in this query
  • bugday
  • herding crash bugs
philipp / Calendar
  • Calendar is heading towards automated testing with mozmill. First test in bug 474322. Needs build system integration though (bug 457265).
  • Calendar blocking list needs triaging to cut down needed effort for a 1.0.
  • Exams Jan 30th and Feb 2nd.
  • I need a definitive answer what features are being cut to find out which areas to focus on.
  • Will prepare blog post talking about new leadership.

  • About complete with the en-US pages for the web site redesign. Wrapping up this week.

Two Week Goal

  • Distribution plan.
  • Continue work on Support/Help plan.
  • Beta 2 work.