Thunderbird Meeting Details : Cancelled
- Who's taking minutes? --> gozer
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- For reference, Gecko 1.9.1b3: Jan 13 Code Freeze, Jan 15 QA, Jan 26 Release according to their plan.
- clarkbw is release driver
- gozer is build engineer
- Slushy string freeze from: Thursday 29th January 23:59 PST (1.5 weeks)
- Firm string freeze and slushy Code freeze from: Tuesday 3rd February 23:59 PST
- Firm code/string freeze from: Thursday 5th February 23:59 PST
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze from: Sunday 8th February 23:59 PST
(blocker numbers etc updated Monday)
- Proposed Blocking
- We need to drive bugs with large string changes, e.g., archive, auto config, activity manager. Some way of marking bugs needing strings would be useful.
- Archive patch landed.
- Activity Manager is awaiting a new patch from Emre.
- AutoConfig bug 422814.
- time to truly clamp down and ship sooner rather than later, even at the cost of substantial feature cuts
- we need to get everything tracked in bugzilla
- we will now have component drivers so that people actually own keeping subsets of bugs well-triaged
- dmose to propose component assignments tuesday
- things to file & triage:
- component drivers: blocking+ / blocking? bugs
- davida: development roadmap
- clarkbw: UX bugs from last weeks meeting
- dmose: message reader bugs, tb3needs bugs
- new triage rules
- to stay on blocking+ list, a bug must be owned by someone, even if that's (temporarily) the component driver
- for each triaged bug on the blocking list: owner, target milestone, priority (P1 - P3; will be used to move bugs if milestone added)
- criteria for blocking+: if this were the last blocker, we would make all of our users wait even longer for the existing changes in order to get the fix for this one?
- to think about:
- when do we branch? (i suspect immediately after b2)
- when do we lock down the branch for only blocking+ and approved+ (i suspect a couple of weeks after b2)
- how do we want to handle existing wanted+ bugs? (throw them off the list?)
- when should we target having the first round of filing / triage done? (1 week from Tuesday?)
- There will be a TB 3 beta 3 (milestone created in bugzilla)
- driver discussions w.r.t. 3.0b2
- planning FOSDEM trip
- UX discussions w/ clarkbw
- trip to MV to sync up with labs folks
- recover from bad laptop experience
- Triaging more often now since Mozmill in TB is sort-of working now.
- Patches, triage, bugday, etc.
- bug 126491 Drop "Card for:" on address book contact preview panes (part of the Card -> Contact rename).
Two week goals (start of week 2):
- Finish driving in Password Manager
- Fixed regressions/problems:
- Outstanding regressions/problems:
- Implement send in background
- Currently fixing/reworking code/interfaces to provide an improved server/listener type format so that we can have one service where everything "send later" related happens, and decent feedback for the UI e.g. activity manager.
- Looking to get at least a turned-off by default version into the code this week.
- bug 473458 Clean up nsIMsgWindow arguments on some functions so that we don't need a msgWindow for the send later code.
- bug 473740 Tidied up the service, dropped the intermediate nsIMessenger functions.
- Investigate Weave pop-tart system
- Started to look at, may be difficult for passwords, but could easily do for prompts. Probably worth integrating with the interactive status bar.
- Try and get initial numbers for Ts to see if we can enable jemalloc.
- Back from vacation
- Massive burnage now mostly under control, summary of events:
- NAS throughput problems [worked on]
- Power outage at MPT Colo
- VM Disk Corruption
- Blue Screening win2k builder [ reimaged builder ]
- Drupal security advisory
- Eats 100% CPU and 100% RAM sometimes
- Being spidered by Yahoo/MSN/Google/others doesn't help
- Networking instabilities (timeouts)
More organized update next week.
- triage tab bugs and update meta bug 392328
- triage tags/labels bugs and update meta bug 432710 (if any are missing, they would probably be in this query
- herding crash bugs
philipp / Calendar
- Calendar is heading towards automated testing with mozmill. First test in bug 474322. Needs build system integration though (bug 457265).
- Calendar blocking list needs triaging to cut down needed effort for a 1.0.
- Exams Jan 30th and Feb 2nd.
- I need a definitive answer what features are being cut to find out which areas to focus on.
- Will prepare blog post talking about new leadership.
- About complete with the en-US pages for the web site redesign. Wrapping up this week.
Two Week Goal
- Distribution plan.
- Continue work on Support/Help plan.
- Beta 2 work.