last meeting | index | next meeting »
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, August 4th, 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
- Who's taking minutes? --> rebron
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Autoconfig process
- Webapp currently being tested to fix some initial problems, will open up for broader testing soon, i.e., move the webapp to a place where more people can access it.
Thunderbird 3 Beta 4
- Release Driver: Standard8
- Build Engineer: gozer
- TB 3.0b4 - blocking 79 (-3)
- b3ux TBD
- Proposed Blocking (all milestones)
- Proposed Blockers (all): 72 (-7)
- TB 3.0b4 - blocking 20 (+13)
- Main things we want to land:
- gloda (by default)
- background sending,
- message headers improvements
- With ispdb
- locales string
- autosync space/time policies sorted out.
- This week will see more aggressive cutting down of the blocking and proposed bugs, figuring out what we don't really need for the release
- Proposed Dates (any feedback to Standard8 please):
- Friday, September 11th is the proposed target for code freeze
- Tuesday September 22th, is the proposed estimated release day
- Following with the final string freeze 1 week after release
- RC1 proposed date Tuesday, November 3rd for code freeze
- Final release dates will depend on RC1
- blocking-thunderbird3+ 147 (-2)
- TB 3 Needs: 11 (+2)
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 72 (-7)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- Worked on upates for B2 to B3
- Large amount of users using b3
- No new spike in crash-stats
- Had a normal bug day.
- Monitoring crash-stats and filling bugs for it.
This week working on :
- Weekly | with the community will focus on bug tagged dupme
- Long term - come up with an overall strategy for upgrade path testing
- Press Watch 10 Useful Thunderbird Add-ons for Almost Everybody; reposted articles from Beta 3
- Icon update Designer is on vacation, wrapping up final details (appearance with different sizes, a few more minor edits)
- Met with Mozilla Japan marketing team to get them up to speed on launch planning.
- Working through marketing messaging documents.
- ISPDB Preview moving along
- MozMill tests have been going on comm-1.9.1 and comm-central for a week now
- Thunderbird 3 Beta 3 Uptake Stats are available and looking good
- first day back from vacation - nothing to report
- All hands next week.
- Working a bit on Mozmill through a No. 8 Typhoon Signal.
- UNCOnfirmed TB bugs now below 2k
- Found regression window for bug 501045
- qawanted bug 503987
- Usual bugdays, b.m.o cleanup, QA
- Landed bug 501308.
- Fixed a couple of MozMill test failures: 1 and 2.
- Worked with humph to get bug 501045 fixed.
- Reviews and driving
- Finished last patch to bug 121647 POP/IMAP server passwords are inappropriately forgotten.
- Fixed some intermittent test failures in test_sendBackground.js bug 495776
- Came across and did some debugging on bug 504552 Default tab show only a message and no other panes.
- Starting to pick up send in background work again.
- Send in background
- Primarily Performance Work
- Reviews and Driving
- Worked on date constraints for auto-synced offline stores, bug 482476
- Fixed creation of special folders to set special folder flag which helps with localized folder name and special folder icons, bug 467527
- Bullet-proof one more libmime mimemult crash, bug 482879
- Add "mail-startup-done" notification to SM so mailnews core can use it bug 487820
- Don't allow sub-folders or saved searches under smart folders inbox bug 490326
- Fixed topcrash in VirtualFolderChangeListener::OnHdrAdded, bug 383584
- Try to fix crash in GetInsertIndexHelper, by detecting failure to get db, bug 492571
- Finished code for imap undo of delete after expunge of source folder, working on tests.
- Add extra status to imap urls so that the backend code can get more information about the url status, add add status for flag adding/removal failure, part of bug 323875
- Make imap url hold a reference to the nsIFile it is operating on, to prevent crashes, bug 313026
- Fixed invalidation of view lines when moving threads on incoming mail, bug 504297
- Finish IMAP Undo w/ tests
- Land date-based autosync constraints
- Shipped Thunderbird 3 Beta 3 Updates
- Mozmill running in staging
- CCNightlyFactory / CCNightlyRepackFactory tested in staging
- Will remove a lot of custom code
- Will address lots of l10n build/repacks problems
- Parallel l10n repacks
- ISPDB Preview in progress
- Small tweaks and bugfixes
- ISPDB Preview in progress
- Trying to repurpose the Thunderbird supercomputing cluster for buildbot
- Better spam filtering for @mozillamessaging.com e-mail addresses
- continue with autoconfig iterations
- actually do the header refinement work
- Positive feedback on my blog post on decoupling SM and TB schedules
- Started making the last modifications for comm-central release automation available to everyone, see bug 508243
- Marketing messaging/launch planning.
- GS integration.
- Web site updates for launch.
- Dashboard builder for Thunderbird metrics.
- Looked up at ispdb
- Weekly event
- Tested updates
- Start launching upgrade testing effort
- Daily maintainance
- Last week
- Windows Vista theme work #507595, #506626, #506633, #506660, #507122
- Account setup layout #506290
- This week
- More Vista theme work #488060
- Look into WinXP theme feedback
- Linux theme fixes #505721
- Dialog sizes
- Closed bug 498519.
- Posted a localization patch for bug 498519.
- Posted patches for bug 503436, and bug 507533.
- Added unit tests for bug 465269.
- Posted a screenshot for bug 495478
- Created bug 507386 and bug 508267, both with patches.
- Try to close bug 495478 and bug 490097.
- Continue working on bug 465269.
- Also work on bug 507533, and bug 503436.
- Start working on bug 248681 if we know what we want it to look like.
- more Get Satisfaction (GS) integration (getting topics finally moved over, configuration of links, etc)
- meeting more folks (Mozy Tom, Ludo, Wayne Mery)
- changed link on mozillamessaging.com/support to point to mozillamessaging's GS
- GS triage - goal is to do 50, need developer for triage help
- initial support process and plan presentation