Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> Standard8
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Planning for a dry-run security firedrill build
- Fire drill itself expected to happen after code freeze
Thunderbird 3 Developer Update
- Starting RC builds asap - once code blockers are down to zero.
- Subsequent RCs as necessary.
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 0 (-1)
- Fixed RC1
- TB 3.0rc1 - blocking: 145 (+18)
- Normal week - not much highlight to report
- Tested briefly the correctness patch - and some fallout
- Waiting for RC1
- top 20, still about 1/3 fixed
- top 10 - no status change in top 10 since 10-27. red=needs attention, "+"=change from last meeting
|fixed 10-04||bug 513315||@ nsScriptSecurityManager::GetCurrentJSContext()||1|
|fixed 09-25||bug 480090||sending email after being in offline mode @ morkRowObject::CloseRowObject(morkEnv*)||2|
|qawanted -all win7-||bug 522226||startup @ __delayLoadHelper2||3|
|FIXED 10-14||bug 505221||@ CountTotalMimeAttachments(MimeContainer*)||4|
|fixed by bug 513315?||bug 518671|| @ nsXPConnect::GetRuntimeInstance()
needs v.fixed after 3.0 ships
|idle >1 bgz need cycle collect hacker||bug 482849||@ canonicalize while doing a nightly update||6|
|idle||bug 519962|| startup nsPrefBranch::Observe(nsISupports*, char const*, unsigned short const*)
so far, not seen in 3.0rc since 20091112084939
|needs more triage||bug 523423, bug 514734, bug 495177|| JS_CallTracer
|FIXED hopefully bug 505221||bug 513543|| @MimeInlineTextHTML_parse_eof
(can't verify via crash-status until 3.0rc)
|needs triage||no bug filed||@ JS_dtobasestr||10|
- Wrapped up press tour. Finished meetings in New York and some Bay Area press about 25 briefings. Press was very receptive and excited about Thunderbird. Many reporters have some complicated email/communication lives. Will be resuming press activities after RC1/near launch date.
- Firefox 5th anniversary yesterday with 25% market share.
- production/staging/trunk setup almost complete
- Theming work by Gary is in progress
- HA/Failover tests complete
- MySQL-proxy still giving me a headache
- Thunderbird 3.0 RC1
- Ready to go, awaiting green light
- Lightning trunk builds are in staging bug 527065
- Top 5 GS Thunderbird 2 Support Topics (code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190923 ) basically the same as last week, false alarm from McAfee for all non en-US versions (tested with German and GB versions
- Cannot send email (long drawn out GoDaddy problem which turned out to be the DSL provider, an AT&T reseller blocking outbound SMTP traffic to GoDaddy's server)
- Cannot receive email
- migration to Vista and Windows 7 -Windows 7 64 bit + nvidia nview desktop = Saving attachments not working
- McAfee finds trojan - Roland to follow up with Carsten on German version false positive
- email lost (fixed by compacting folders and deleting .msf)
- Thunderbird 3 Beta Top Support Issues (starting to monitor to see what we can improve for post 3.0)
- SUMO for MoMo tracker ticket: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=520628, TB3 Global Database KB\
- 1st crude iteration of MoMo SUMO theme by contractor Gary Cunningham-Lee who did the original SUMO theme, gozer is going to give him a sandbox to accelerate theme work so he can get it done quicker
- German student is going to write Lightning Docs in English first then German
- Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- approximately 23/ day (162/7, slightly lower than last week if we subtract the Raindrop topics)
- total new topics:162 total replies: 98 (Ruby Code)
- date:20091103 #new support topics:27 resolved: 9
- date:20091104 #new support topics:27 resolved: 6
- date:20091105 #new support topics:25 resolved: 11
- date:20091106 #new support topics:16 resolved: 8
- date:20091107 #new support topics:13 resolved: 5
- date:20091108 #new support topics:12 resolved: 3
- date:20091109 #new support topics:22 resolved: 9
- #replies from non MoMo folks: 5 from TMZ (thanks!) 2 from gyurrika (thanks!), MoMo folks: 5 from Wayne Mery (thanks and welcome!) 63 from Roland, 1 from Andreas (thanks!), Bienvenu 21 (thanks!), 2 from Standard8 (thanks), 3 from Kent James (thanks and welcome!)
- happiness metric: API doesn't have happiness emotitags, asked GS staff about that, code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190094, manual happiness metric = 98 - 62 = 36 (26 last week), 53 Hendrix messages (generally Hendrix messages are unhappy but this week we had 2 happy messages from Thunderbird lovers, 1 wanted us to run our own email service! Thanks!) - bug to track down Hendrix for Thunderbird 3 and get rid of it as much as possible
- What to do about major updates for TB 2 users on the beta update channels? - Needs further discussion later.
- travel & press tour
- last week
- press tour stuff
- a11y coding & test-writing bug 518337
- this week
- land a11y code & tests bug 518337
- roadmap work
- start catching up on reviews
- Reviews & Driving
- bug 516776 Allow content browsing within Thunderbird.
- bug 527198 No requirement for dictionaries in language packs.
- Reviews and Driving
- Fix handling of xlist with servers with non '/' hierarchy delimiter, bug 527109
- Speed up imap move/copies of large numbers of messages, and reduce memory bloat bug 525646
- Fix updating of thread pane after imap compact with imap delete model and condstore, by just removing messages with imap deleted flag from view when expunge is done, bug 517198
- (re)show thread pane view after rebuilding index from properties dialog, bug 510643
- Gloda correctness patch testing
- Vacation coming
- Thursday, Friday, and Monday
I've been continuing to get my extensions ready for release, but I still hope to squeeze bug 527629 into TB3, as it is a one-line fix of a regression from TB2 that will cause a lot of pain to POP3 users who rely on manual filters.
- Sent out notification email to Add-on developers. Got a few responses and following up on those.
- Admin stuff for press tours.
- Starting work on Add-ons contest.
- Fixed a bunch of polish bugs bug 526909, bug 527088, bug 460647, bug 525232, bug 507508, bug 525832
- Started sorting all the source images. bug 494804
- Look into bug 525971, bug 526193, bug 512666 bug 525628
- Blog about the search interface
- Report Swedish ISP:s to the database
- Possibly get some more small icon fixes in.
- Continue sorting and uploading sources. bug 494804
- Closed bug 516680, bug 526473, bug 525718, bug 248681, and bug 526995.
- Reviewed bug 519280, bug 525302, bug 522253, and bug 518337.
- Checked in bug 518840.
- Posted patches for bug 527018 and bug 525302.
- Investigated bug 527111.
- Talked about ISPDB/Autoconfig security.
- Review some bugs.
- Write some more code.
- Continue to help students with ISPDB.
- Fixed (or in-progress) MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 521293 Port |Bug 515777 - move css files, hiddenWindow.html to jar| to comm-central (apps)