|Thunderbird 3.1 beta 2||Lanikai Beta 1||Thunderbird 3.0.4|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> asuth
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Closed: Planning for a dry-run security firedrill build
- Test Firedrill held
- Went well. Mainly need to ensure we have back-ups in place so that we can hand-off to other people if necessary.
- Open: Go over Lehigh U feedback
- kathy.f/wayne/clarkbw: to meet re: ue feedback space management/migration assistant (in progress)
- dan.s/bwinton: to meet re: ispdb (mostly done, should finish this)
- http://byob.mozilla.com need to explore to have something for Tbird. (rebron to followup with kevin)
Friends of the Tree
- Priority 0 side project: conversion funnel
- Lots of data points, website, download page, bouncer, ftp, start pages, autoconfig
- Data doesn't seem to be consistent with itself
- There is a lot of data available, we just need to look at it more closely
- Figure out what's going on, like Firefox did before.
- Bug lists: Thunderbird:Thunderbird3.1:Status_Tracking
- Still too many bugs on blocker list; dmose to make fast-pass Tuesday
- In the interim, critical feature work being driven from https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Thunderbird3.1:Driving_Scratchpad towards 3.1 string/feature freeze of Tuesday, March 23 (3 weeks from today)
Lanikai Alpha 1
- Still not enough users.
- metrics report wasn't taking A1 into account; fixed: ~100 -> ~1000
- rebron to drive separate trunk page (did this happen?)
Lanikai Beta 1
- Standard8 is driving the end-game
- Waiting on l10n changesets (sipaq)
- Code freeze happened last Tuesday
- Build should start today
- Signed build should be available this Wednesday
String/code freeze date: 2010-02-23 (Tuesday)
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: 2010-03-01 (Monday)
- Build/relbranch date: 2010-03-02 (Tuesday)
- Ship date: 2010-03-09 (Tuesday)
Lanikai Beta 2
- Critical feature work currently on track, moderate risk (unknowns, conversion funnel work) for Tuesday, March 23 (3 weeks from today)
String/code freeze date: Tuesday 20th April <-- 3.1 string/feature freeze!
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: Thursday 29th April
- Switch to comm-1.9.2 branch: Friday 29th April
- Build/relbranch date: Friday 29th April
- Ship date: Wednesday 5th May. (may slip if we can't get compact headers and folder pane counts updated to work with 3.1 b2 in time)
Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update
See Tinderbox for how to get your patches into 3.0.x
- Gecko 126.96.36.199 schedule conflicts with 3.1b2. Need to look at what's going into 188.8.131.52.
- Expect stability fixes plus a few more feedback/upgrade-focused fixes.
Security And Stability releases - where to help
- [Bug Lists http://hg.mozilla.org/users/bugzilla_standard8.plus.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html?branch=3.0]
- Blocking Bugs: 3.0.4 needed
- Wanted Bugs
- Testing and verification of the fixed bugs
- 3.1b1 litmus tests setup and testers ready
- qa'd 3.0.3 release builds
- 3.0.0 looks solid crash-wise - no new runaway crashes so far, but too early to rank topcrashes
To do :
- monitor 3.0.3
- QA 3.1b1 builds/release
- PR update: 2/23 articles on SpreadThunderbird
- Thunderbird 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 work and press/support monitoring.
- ADUs: 6MM total and 1.6MM on Tb3
- Driving funnel conversion. e.g. Firefox analysis here and here
- Thunderbird 3.1a2 test firedrill
- Thunderbird 3.0.2 release
- Thunderbird 3.0.3 quick build + release
- Updated Win32 builders to Version 24
- We are looking for a Build/Release Engineer!
- new KB article: Newsgroup accounts (bug 537818)
- new KB article: Hotmail settings (bug 543862)
- updates to multiple articles based on user comments
- edit AOL FAQ
- general maintenance (list pages, cross-linking, bug triage, etc)
- Gmail help copy updates
- transfer more content from http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/
- autoconfig XML examples from Uni postmaster
- update Archive article from user comments
abbreviated report as Roland was on vacation 25 Feb, 2-3 March 2010
- changed metrics window from Monday to Sunday e.g. 22-28Feb2010 because I don't enjoy waiting until midnight on Monday nights for metrics from Tuesday to Monday to come out from GS
- (Real) Praise in Get Satisfaction: 2
- Hot Topics: Cannot send email, IMAP to POP, email migration from outlook and windows live mail to new windows 7 computer, autocomplete address book bug, compact folders - going to move this to a weekly spreadsheet like the SUMO Weekly Common Topics Spreadsheet
- improving community and GS and SuMoMo: working on scripts for videos to explain community and support as well as improving SuMoMo front page as well as rebooting the MoMo Support community, email me roland AT mozillamessaging.com with feedback and ideas
- SuMoMo - need to create project plan for SuMoMo 1.1 based on SuMo 1.5.x which will include upgrade to SuMo 1.5, comment viewing for anonymous
- Analytics from last week - 106K (104K last week) visits, USA #1 (23K, previous 23K), Germany #2 (21K, previous 22K), Japan #3 (10K, 10K), FR, UK, IT, CA, NL, AU
- Looking for Contributors to write articles in English (and German!) and any other languages
- first concentrating on French (NEW and did some testing!), German & Spanish communities who have expressed interest; will reach out to more l10n communities once we have more experience with the first few
- Issues to be reviewed at the next GS Triage meeting scheduled for March 8, 2010 - Please tag topics "review" if you think they need to be reviewed because they cause customer pain especially any TB2-3 problems and any problems in 3.0.2 when released
- GS Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- approximately 98/ day (690/7 higher than previous), # of visitors 20,000ish on graph seems to be right but numerical stats are wrong)
- relative happiness (177-40)/887 (40 from Roland) = 154%, relative sadness = 589/887 = 66%
- total new topics:690 (higher) total replies:955 from employees and champions: 171 lower than normal (NonMoMo:55 FROM Michael Pasek (thanks!), 64 from Chris Ramsden aka Xenos (thanks!), 4 from Aureliano Buendia (thanks!), 37 from DavRo (thanks!),21 from from Kent (Thanks!), 8 from tanstaafl (thanks!), 45 from Wayne Mery (thanks!) MoMo: 40 from Roland, 4 from David Bienvenu (thanks), 18 from Mark Banner (thanks)(Ruby Code)
- date:20100222 #new support topics:79 resolved:15
- date:20100223 #new support topics:101 resolved:16
- date:20100224 #new support topics:86 resolved:15
- date:20100225 #new support topics:87 resolved:15
- date:20100226 #new support topics:101 resolved:13
- date:20100227 #new support topics:57 resolved:15
- date:20100228 #new support topics:72 resolved:2
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- Sid0 and Standard8 have been working on improving the failure reports on tinderbox, especially for crashes. A little bit more work and should be able to get crash stacks for MozMill tests on any platform if they occur. See Test Infrastructure Status for the current status.
- Standard8 created the Thunderbird Bugzilla Helper jetpack. Probably mainly of use to QA, but also useful for others.
- Johnathon created another Bugzilla Tweaks jetpack which interleaves all bug changes into the comment stream and is super helpful