|Lanikai 3.1 Beta 1||Lanikai 3.1 Beta 2||Thunderbird 3.0.4|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> clarkbw
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- dan.s/bwinton: to meet re: ispdb (mostly done, should finish this)
- http://byob.mozilla.com need to explore to have something for Tbird. (rebron to followup with kevin)
- Closed: Go over Lehigh U feedback
- kathy.f/wayne/clarkbw: to meet re: ue feedback space management/migration assistant (in progress)
Friends of the Tree
- Wayne Mery for leading the QA effort for 3.1b1 and 3.0.3 release.
- Breaking_Pitt and Bacchus for going way above and beyond in their 3.1b1 litmus testing. And thanks to all testers. - Roland - Second the nomination Pedro Garcia Rodriguez aka Breaking_Pitt also translated over a dozen SuMoMo articles from English into Spanish
- tb-planning mailing list created, see  for details
- flag nomination restriction proposal currently up for discussion on tb-planning
- Bug lists: Thunderbird:Thunderbird3.1:Status_Tracking
- Priority 0 side project
- Lots of data points, website, download page, bouncer, ftp, start pages, autoconfig
- Data doesn't seem to be consistent with itself
- There is a lot of data available, we just need to look at it more closely
- Figure out what's going on, like Firefox did before.
Lanikai Beta 1
- Standard8 is driving the end-game
- Expecting to ship today.
String/code freeze date: 2010-02-23 (Tuesday)
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: 2010-03-01 (Monday)
- Build/relbranch date: 2010-03-02 (Tuesday)
- Ship date: 2010-03-09 (Tuesday)
Lanikai Beta 2
- Critical feature work currently on track, moderate risk (unknowns, conversion funnel work) for Tuesday, March 23 (2 weeks from today)
String/code freeze date: Tuesday 20th April <-- 3.1 string/feature freeze!
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: Thursday 29th April
- Switch to comm-1.9.2 branch: Friday 29th April
- Build/relbranch date: Friday 29th April
- Ship date: Wednesday 5th May. (may slip if we can't get compact headers and folder pane counts updated to work with 3.1 b2 in time)
Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update
See Tinderbox for how to get your patches into 3.0.x
- Would like to sync with Gecko 188.8.131.52 assuming we've got a reasonable set of fixes in place.
- Expect stability fixes plus a few more feedback/upgrade-focused fixes.
Security And Stability releases - where to help
- [Bug Lists http://hg.mozilla.org/users/bugzilla_standard8.plus.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html?branch=3.0]
- Blocking Bugs: 3.0.4 needed
- Wanted Bugs
- Testing and verification of the fixed bugs
- Going to beta today bug 547309
- Testing for 3.1b1 was underway 94% coverage - Thanks to everybody who showed up and gave some time testing
- Having a usual bug day this week,newcomers welcomed
- working on organizing a second 2.x -> 3.x upgrade day
3.0.1 top crashers:
|status||bug||summary||# crash /week|
||bug 505016||nsXPCWrappedJS::QueryInterface(nsID const&, void**)||476|
|Needs landing on Branch||bug 519962||nsPrefBranch::Observe(nsISupports*, char const*, unsigned short const*)||389|
|Null signature - no progress||288|
|Assigned - no progress||bug 536960||sqlite3DbMallocRaw||278|
|Unassigned - no progress||bug 536308||arena_dalloc | free | sqlite3_free | pcache1TruncateUnsafe||213|
- Press update: a few articles on Tb 3.0.3
- dmose, rebron attending The Freemium Summit end of March
- ADUs: holding steady peaking at 6MM total, 1.6MM on Thunderbird 3.
- Lanikai Beta 1 web site work
- Conversion work
- Surveys for Download Thank You page and Thunderbird Start page targeted for later today
- Spec-ing out Funnel Cake builds, requiring 3.0.4 and funnel tracking of ispdb.
- Sunbird 1.0b1 Build complete
- Thunderbird 3.1b1 release is today
- SpreadThunderbird Updates
- 4 candidates so far!
- TB3 help content and screenshots for Gmail; done and emailed to Gmail contact (it will probably be a couple of weeks before they publish the content)
- bug 549744 and bug 551105 expand keyboard shortcuts KB article
- bug 536042 note regarding broken compatibility and iFolderTreeMode in New in 3.1 for Developers
- new MDC page: Using MAPI with Thunderbird's Windows 7 developer builds
- follow up regarding autoconfig xml file, prefs.js settings
- transfer content from http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/
- autoconfig XML examples from Uni postmaster
- update Archive article from user comments
- bug 531092 message deleted by default for POP3 accounts
vacation 2-3 March 2010
- Moving metrics window from Monday to Sunday effective next Meeting e.g. 8-14 March 2010 because metrics for Tuesday to Monday don't come out from GS until after midnight on Tuesday
- (Real) Praise in Get Satisfaction: 3
- Hot Support Topics:Cannot Send email, Performance of Indexing, Indexing causing UI non responsiveness, Lightning & how to install with 3.0.3, etc.going to move this to a spreadsheet like SUMO Weekly Common Topics Spreadsheet
- Most Active Support Topics (crude prototype ruby code missing "ME TOOS", looking for developers to polish the code and do awesome metrics & viz via JSON and XML APIs in python or ruby; email roland AT mozillamessaging.com) - 14, This folder is being processed; 13, TB performance is terrible; 11, default Character Encoding; more
- SuMoMo - need to create project plan for SuMoMo 1.1 based on SuMo 1.5.x which will include upgrade to SuMo 1.5, comment viewing for anonymous, translation dashboard, etc
- Analytics from last week - 102K (106K last week) visits, USA #1 (22K, previous 23K), Germany #2 (22K, previous 21K), Japan #3 (10K, 10K), FR, UK, IT, CA, NL, AU
- Looking for Contributors to write articles in English (and German!) and any other languages
- Pedro Garcia Rodriguez localized most (over 10!) documents into Spanish, thanks to Pedro and Spanish locale leader Willy Aranda!
- GS Issues reviewed at triage meeting on March 8, Issues to be reviewed at the next GS Triage meeting scheduled for March 22, 2010 - Please tag topics "review" if you think they need to be reviewed because they cause customer pain especially any TB2-3 problems and any problems in 3.0.3 when released
- GS Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- approximately 64/ day (451/7 lower than previous), # of visitors 20,000ish on graph seems to be right but numerical stats are wrong)
- relative happiness (129-18)/660 (18 from Roland) = 16.4% (15.4%), relative sadness = 430/660 = 65% (66%)
- total new topics:451 (lower) total replies:763 from employees and champions: 171 lower than normal (NonMoMo:3 FROM Michael Pasek (thanks!), 39 from Chris Ramsden aka Xenos (thanks!), (thanks!),11 from from Kent (Thanks!), 32 from Wayne Mery (thanks!) MoMo: 18 from Roland, 49 from David Bienvenu (thanks), 13 from Mark Banner (thanks)(Ruby Code)
- date:20100302 #new support topics:56 resolved: 13
- date:20100303 #new support topics:76 resolved: 10
- date:20100304 #new support topics:58 resolved: 11
- date:20100305 #new support topics:53 resolved: 9
- date:20100306 #new support topics:45 resolved: 9
- date:20100307 #new support topics:51 resolved: 8
- date:20100308 #new support topics:65 resolved: 16
- Sunbird 1.0 repacks are done, moved to releases dir
- Cut Calendar UNCONFIRMED bugs in half, 250 of them left!
- Created two jetpacks that made triaging the unconfirmed bugs very easy. Check out this page for more info.
- List of bugs for 1.0 is categorized, will dump on a wiki page soon for further discussion
- We have good chances of having our GSoC projects mentored, now we just need a slot :)
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.