|Lanikai 3.1 Beta 2||Thunderbird 3.0.5|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> asuth
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
- Joachim Herb <firstname.lastname@example.org> for his "Customize Message Header Toolbar" feature patch, as well as his patience and diligence in making changes to get it landed for 3.1. Thanks, Joachim!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
Lanikai Beta 2
String/code freeze date: Tuesday 20th April <-- 3.1 string/feature freeze!
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: Thursday 29th April
- Switch to comm-1.9.2 branch: Friday 29th April
- Build/relbranch date: Friday 29th April
- Ship date: Wednesday 5th May. (may slip if we can't get compact headers and folder pane counts updated to work with 3.1 b2 in time)
- Code freeze date: Tuesday, May 18th 23:59 PDT
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: Tuesday, May 18th 23:59 PDT
- Build/relbranch date: Wednesday, May 19th
- QA start date: Thursday, May 20th
- Ship date: Thursday, May 27th
Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update
See Tinderbox for how to get your patches into 3.0.x
Security And Stability releases - where to help
- Testing for 3.1b2 covered 91% of the test. Thanks to all the community members who participated - it wouldn't have been possible in so little time without you gNeandr, Alan Lord, Glen O'Riley, Pedro Gracia Rodriguez,Robert Kinhead, James J Catchpole, R&B Penner,Kevin Quiggle, and Onno Ekker
To do :
- Organize a bugday/testday around search
- Test 3.0.5
- Thunderbird 3.1b2
- Linux 64-bit builders (need trunk, probably not 3.1 or 3.0 branches)
- In Staging
- Support Community Reboot - 2 min. intro video script posted, hopefully DavidA can find time to film with Rainer next time he's in MV; after 1:1 with DavidA thinking about revamping entire "new to the community" user support experience
- SuMoMo - next: get SuMoMo localization dashboard, bug 549407 working; bug 556481 incorporate SuMoMo Search & links in mozillamessaging.com/support - 125K visits +5%, US +12.8%, DE -4%, JP +5%, UK, FR, CA, AU, IT, NL, etc.
- Get Satisfaction (see graphic in Support Appendix - slightly higher than normal week - 413 new topics (410), Sadness up: 69% (68%) - GS contributors please check out our new boilerplate response page as well as GS JetPack Helper 0.3 needs hackers and contributors to use it for frequent support replies, email roland!
- 13,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/your_mozillas_thunderbird_product_destroys_important_emails ; 10,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/connection_to_server_pop_gmail_com_timed_out ; 8,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/opening_a_messages_does_not_automatically_change_it_to_read ; 8,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/bad_font_sizes_for_composing_email_urgently_needs_fixing ; 8,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/feedback_on_the_new_migration_assistant_for_people_upgrading_from_2_x_to_3_1 (getactive.rb)
- contributors - 79 matt_678579 of Australia (v); 4 elcameleon1 ; 9, standard8 ; 12 david_bienvenu, 12, kent_james (v);13, Wayne Mery (v);10, rkent (v) ; 12, Roland Tanglao;8, wsmwk (v);6, Xenos aka chrisramsden (v); 6, tanstaafel (v); 4 lhirlimann (gethappykludged.rb)
- new contributors: none this week - always looking for new contributors, roland AT mozillamessaging.com OR #gsfn irc.mozilla.org nick:rolandtanglao - in particular looking for moderators who can look at others' replies and close topics & "support metadata fixers" who can fix tags and titles to make them accurate and searchable
- new / closed topics Monday-Sunday: Mon 60/8, Tue 65/8, Wed 58/8, Thu 63/12, Fri 53/5, Sat 32/4, Sun 37/5 (getNumCreatedNumResolved.rb)
- Biweekly GS Triage Meeting - next Meeting Monday May 10, 2010 10a.m. Pacific x4401 - please tag GS topics 'review' for high user pain topics, will also be reviewing 3.1beta 2 fixes and problems
- After 1:1 with DavidA, Roland to move new topic wizard and related work from the backburner to the front burner
- Roland to set up pseudo-user pointing to email address so that GS community support folks can ask each other for advice
|String Freeze:||May 7th - Depends on some bugs, see below|
|Hard Code Freeze:||May 21st|
|Release 1.0b2rc1:||May 25th|
- Mock release went fairly well, a few issues with buildbot's expected paths.
- Bugs with l10n impact for 1.0b2:
- Other bugs for 1.0b2:
- We've moved to comm-1.9.2 and are now cross-committing patches
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
dmose davida standard8 fallen bienvenu gozer ludo