|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 2||Thunderbird 3.1.8|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
- Who's taking minutes? --> sancus
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnelcake 4 targeted for Wednesday midnight 1/5 through Thursday midnight 1/6.
- ISPDB reached a 55% success rate partly due to lower volume during the holidays, steady conversion around 45%.
- 40-47% conversation rate steady
- Lower volume over the holidays and increased conversation rate, unsure why
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Beta 1 has been released!
- Mostly on pause waiting for contract negotiations.
Pluggable Mail Stores (bug 402392): berkeley and maildir stores pass all mailnews xpcshell tests. Fixed mozmill and mail xpcshell tests as well.
- Shooting for another release Thunderbird Conversations. Took some time off for the holidays, so the release has been delayed somehow, will issue a new release shortly. This will be a 100% bugfix release, with no new features.
- Bugs still piling up, need some help from clarkbw and andychung! :-)
- Setup the thunderbird-stdlib repo, started the new "SimpleStorage" asynchronous API that will help Thunderbird Conversations and other extensions. Will blog about it as soon as it reaches a usable state.
Trunk (Miramar) Development
- Omnijar landed
- Active branches.
- Next Alpha: Early January, about:support and a few other updates.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
- blocking criteria :
- Alpha 1 -> Serious usability issues.
- After -> not real criteria, regression/usability issues as usual.
- Decision on if/when we'll do 3.2 on hold until we progress account provisioning further.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
Major updates to 3.1
- Welcome to 2011 everyone. Thank you for your great participation in 2010.
- Have a look at Thunderbird:Testing if you want to help.
- PR Updates: A few articles through the holidays - tips and tricks, 1, 2, 3, short review dinged on lack of Exchange support; also had the Add-ons password issue; CES this week, most tech news will be centered around the conference with big pushes around tablets, android.
- Up next: planning, reviewing PR list, web site redesign to match updated Mozilla.com design.
- New Linux 32/64 builders slowly coming online
- Have capacity for Linux builders that aren't CentOS to use more current libstdc and fix failing tinderboxes.
Build / Release Update
- funnelcake 4
- build performance
- more mac minis added to 64-bit builder pool
- added RAM to one mini64 builder on 'try' to see impact on build times
- building on a RAM disk on our Xserve
- MDC updates (thanks mozjonathan)
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- Mac builds happening again, working in the sense that you can install and run Lightning on Mac.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.