|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 2||Thunderbird 3.1.8|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
- Who's taking minutes? --> Usul
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnel cake 4 launched last Thursday. ADUs about 100 more users than Funnel cake 3. Getting logs for this week and crunching the numbers.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Contracts continue to be worked on.
- We're also working on making a version that's bundled with TB for wider testing.
Pluggable Mail Stores (bug 402392):
- berkeley and maildir stores pass all mailnews xpcshell tests.
- Fixed mozmill and mail xpcshell tests as well.
- Released 2.0alpha2, mostly bug fixes, but it takes time to get things right.
- Should be approved soon on AMO.
- Blog post will follow with quick summary and changelog, check out the changelog here in the meanwhile.
- Feature work going on right now with clarkbw and andychung, hoping to push more features in the upcoming weeks, and cut alpha3 sometime later (no ETA yet).
- Backend work going on in thunderbird-stdlib, will blog about my simpleStorage wrapper around mozStorage soon.
- People checking out my github repo, please do:
git submodule init git submode update
This is not vital right now, I will blog and tweet about it as soon as I really depend on it, but if you pull and .gitmodules is modified, it's time to submodule init+update.
Thunderbird Sync , but no ETA yet!
Trunk (Miramar) Development
- Active branches.
- Next Alpha:
- Code freeze and cut this week (Thus. or Frid.)
- Ships next week if plan is ok.
- see tb-planning post
- Aim to pick up about:support, Add-on Manager notification fixes (will tell you when add-on can't be installed)
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
- blocking criteria :
- Alpha n -> Serious usability issues.
- After -> no real criteria, regression/usability issues as usual.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- 3.1.8 code freeze next Tuesday
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- Crash fixes for the most of it
Major updates to 3.1
- We now have over 80% of our ADUs on Thunderbird 3.1. (90% of these are on the latest version 3.1.7)
- still getting people across with Major Updates.
- Have a look at Thunderbird:Testing if you want to help.
- We'll have testing events for 3.3a2 - I'll announce them on mdat and tb-testers
- PR update: updated the PR contact list, attending to a couple of reporter Tbird issues, current news centered around tips and tricks PCmag article, Restore a Thunderbird profile, Gmail filters for Thunderbird
- Web site redesign work.
- 13 new linux build machines
- 4 Linux 32
- 1 Linux 64
- 4 Fedora 32 Unittest
- 4 Fedora 64 Unittest
- Now running xpcshell/mozmill tests on Fedora
- Need a 1h downtime windows for build infrastructure for storage work
Build / Release Update
- fixed ccache on one of our Mac builders - apparent issue with MacPorts binary. Need to investigate and fix other builders.
- linux64 l10n nightly builds built on trunk
- packaged unit tests moved to Fedora Linux
- No switch to the gold linker on linux yet.
- Gold linker, new version of gnu ld that's faster.
- we are likely to take that once FF does.
- Working on bringing up staging for sumomo port to kitsune
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- Happy New Year and thanks to all who supported Thunderbird or wrote or localized Thunderbird documentation in 2010!
- 474 new support topics
- 3.1 Support Issues
- Draft 2011 Thunderbird Support Goals
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- End of the tunnel for lightning on trunk
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- See the blog post for detailed information
- Backlog of reviews in Thunderbird product now down to approx 1 month.
- Looking to do the same in Mailnews Core for early this year.
- plan is to make it happen in the first part
- At least a couple of months
- This is aimed to help management of reviews and as a result improve review times overall.
- Personnas compatible with 3.1 again.
Rebron, Standard8, Bwinton, Usul, gozer, Jhopkins, Jenzed, Roland, Bienvenu, Clarkbw, Sancus