Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> rebron
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Andreas, Paenglab and Florian have been doing an awesome job landing theme fixups
- We've been getting good feedback on tabs-on-top!
- We need further definition and input from the community before moving forward on this.
- Project is on hold until further notice.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 31st January
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
Extension of the week
- Show all body parts Sometimes Thunderbird doesn't show some attachments because the MUA that send it doesn't respect standards. With this extension you'll be able to see the attachment and even see it's content if Thunderbird knows how to display the content.
- Working on Releases
- Usual bug and Test Case management
- Will give a talk in Madrid this Friday on QA and Thunderbird
- TB ADUs at 7.4MMM
- 1st Test Pilot study targeted for TB Beta users this week.
- Prepping for Tb 10.
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 10.0b2 released
- Thunderbird 3.1.17->9.0.1 major updates released
- Back from vacation, catching up with a *lot* of things
- Outstanding L10N bugs and ISPDB review requests.
- Kitsune analytics stuff
- TB Nightly page
- Lots of other stuff...
- new article from contributor: Using Gmail to move messages
- keyboard shortcuts overhaul project (mainly contributor-driven - yay!)
- 8 significant contributions to KB pages
- MDN doc tracker (handy Bugzilla search tool for dev docs)
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 901 new support topics (1147 two weeks ago) - Media:Thunderbird-GetSatisfaction-2-8Jan2012-2012-01-09_1617.png
- Thunderbird 9 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB9 and tag them tb9 - Hot issue during the holidays: Folder panel has no content. JSON.parse: unexpected end of data Source File: chrome://messenger/content/folderPane.js - [bug 707329] - WORKAROUND: quit Thunderbird, delete folderTree.json, restart Thunderbird
- Support Contributors, please add yourself to the Mozillians directory if you haven't done so already.
- Experimental twice a day Thunderbird support report showing trending topics, ISPs, mail providers, tags, anti-virus and active contributors at thunderbirdrobot.posterous.com. Unfortunately due to what seems like a bug in the posterous API it's truncated (same report from another developer). Luckily I have an email backup which I can use to fix it. Help wanted with the code: i) email to Posterous script, ii) post to API Posterous script; contact rtanglao AT mozilla.com or send me a github pull request
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
standard8, Usul, rebron, jb, bwinton, mconley, jenzed, roland, mconley, jhopkins, sancus, bienvenu, philipp