last meeting | index | next meeting »
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, January 17, 2012 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> bwinton
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
- Announced last Thursday, the Thunderbird Extended Support Releases will begin with Thunderbird 10.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Account provisioning has been delayed until TB 11 due to needing more technical information and more testing on the providers.
- Will be disabled on Beta for the next week or so.
- Will be re-enabled with the next merge to Aurora.
Tabs on Top
- Currently investigating ways of making the stacked QFB and Gloda search input less confusing, visually
- Nailing down UI; big pieces remaining:
- Configuration UI
- Conversion between regular and cloud attachments
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 31st January
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Working on resolving the last few tracker bugs. Another beta this week, maybe one more at the start of next.
- This release will form the basis of the ESR.
- Now that the ESR has been announced, the EOL of 3.1.x will be 24th April 2012.
Extension of the week
Account Colors is a useful extension for people having more than one account, as each account is colored in a different color, so you know which one you are using (when reading or composing emails).
- Usual maintenance and testing
- Thunderbird ESR announcement
- Thunderbird ADUs back to 7.7 to 7.8MM a day led by Germany, US, France, Japan, Italy, Poland.
- Getting ready for Tb10, web pages and announcements.
Build / Release Update
- Unthrottled major updates to Thunderbird 9.0.1
- Firefox RelEng ESR tracking work in bug 717106. Need an equivalent for Thunderbird.
- Continue work to build Thunderbird on Firefox infrastructure
- Account Provisioner fun last week!
- Halfway through ispdb mail reviews, will be finishing them up after the meeting~
- all outstanding l10n stuff has been merged, ready for TB10 whenever
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 542 new support topics (901 one week ago) - Media:ThunderbirdGSStats-9-15Jan2012-2012-01-16_1349.png - NOTE: these numbers are low because GS's stats failed to work for Monday-Wednesday
- Thunderbird 9 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB9 and tag them tb9 - Hot issue last week: [of Rich Text or Spreadsheet results in plaintext instead of HTML in Locales that use a comma i.e. ',' as a Decimal Point.] WORKAROUND: change Decimal Point to a period i.e. '.' - bug 714115 - fixed in FF11/TB11 and hopefully in FF10/TB10
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.