Personal tools

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2012-09-11

From MozillaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


« previous week | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who's taking minutes? --> sancus
  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to abourcier@mozilla.com that she can send them a shirt!

Thunderbird Development

  • Kent James (rkent) is now a Mailnews Core peer. Thanks to Kent for volunteering.

Feature Work

Filelink (Big Files)
  • I've got a contributor interested in working on implementing progress bars for Filelink uploads (bug 736169) - I'll be mentoring him.
Instant Messaging
  • mconley is hoping to have a patch for jb's pet bug (daily chat log aggregation) up this week. (bug 787149)
  • nothing exciting to report. I'm trying to profile the display of lots of tweets, but I don't have exciting results there yet.

Google Summer of Code Projects

Summary coming soon.

Schedule and Progress

15.0.1
  • Released to fix some stability issues with crashes in specific places. Also fixed some other minor usability issues.
Beta Version
ESR

Extension of the week

QA Updates

Marketing Updates

  • Nothing to report

Build / Release Update

Web Update

Documentation

Support

Lightning Updates

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

  • Had some interesting conversation in warsaw when do we see some public roundup ?
    • work is in progress
    • watch Tb-planning
  • What is considered secret from the summit ?
    • EG staff status
  • What do we need to be Open , right now we seems to be very closed
    • to a significant extend, we don't know for sure , and we don't know how will things will turn out
    • for hr we are closed for the rest we think we are open
  • Difficult to talk about the project when things are not known, so much uncertainty that it makes it difficult.
    • everything that you found out is public.
    • Staffing should be made public.
      • Mozilla will provide the staff for 2 release a year
  • Maildir should do a mid-release, eg Adress Book would work too
    • try to have it has an add-on
    • try to push it this way that would be one more option to the release options
    • would be if it would give us more testing of the features than earlybird and beta
    • some addons would need hooks so it couldn't work that way.
    • if possible Ireving thinks it's agood idea.
    • Landing an addon in core is sometime difficult

Attendees

rkent, florian, AM,bwinton, rkent, irving, mconley, sancus , usul, axel,