From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Meeting Changes

Critical Issues

  • Folks, do some reviews if you can. Also, try to help de-orange our tree.


Action Items From last Week

  • Standard8: Document flags to tb-planning
  • Standard8: Follow up with metric numbers being public
    • This should be happening soon, work has been done, waiting for final approvals
  • Look into having the notes blogged
    • We need to get the meeting notes blog to pick up the pages again.
  • Move http.jsm into toolkit? Maybe? clokep will talk to Mossop about that.
    • Mossop has been sick - clokep will be more aggressive this week.

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to that she can send them a shirt!

Google Summer of Code

  • Please go here and make sure your project ideas are listed
  • We're going to be submitting our ideas to Gerv and Florian this Friday, so make sure your ideas are polished and they have a mentor.

Status Updates


  • Ensemble
    • In contact with a small firm in Slovakia that might be interested in hiring a contractor to help me on this
    • Successfully decoupled nsMsgSearchTerm from nsIAbManager using my new service
      • This should be ready for review soon (see bug 841603, and then I'll work on decoupling other bits
      • A bit worried about the performance impact of frequently calling out to JS components from C++...
      • Haven't had too much time for reviews lately. :( This might get worse, as Firefox Australis work is really starting to heat up.
  • Profiler has been updated to give us symbols! Get an updated version of the Profiler here:


  • Guess who won't be on the call? Not me for once!
  • Should have more time over next few weeks to do stuff including reviews
  • cc-rework
    • Higher priority due to fallout from changes
    • Elimination of comm-central/ works on Linux, doesn't on OS X due to LDAP, untested on Windows (see bug 846540)
  • jsmime
    • Landed bug 834757 (fix up nsIMimeConverter for JS implementation)
    • Working implementation of nsIMsgHeaderParser locally, not published anywhere
    • Hoping to get both parts into Thunderbird 24 (will fix almost all RFC 2047 problems!)


  • patchlove
    • reviewing existing patchlove bugs and finding more old bugs with patches to add to patchlove
    • having good results in closing obsolete bugs and getting old patches landed
  • bug 816327 - gmail folders redownloading - data collecting seems to be bearing fruit


  • Sent Mossop an email, didn't receive a response and pinged him on IRC last week:
    • Mossop was sick and should respond "soon".
    • Will follow up more aggressively again this week
  • http.jsm will need another change (found while updating to the Twitter v1.1 API):
    • Twitter v1 API could potentially be shut off as of March 5th, they're doing "blackout" tests now. Patch to upgrade is waiting for review.


  • Mainly working on tree bustages, and working with Jcranmer on sorting out the build system so that we can hopefully avoid more bustages as the build system reorgs itself.
  • Trying to catch up on reviews soon, but tree bustages and releases taking priority.

Action Items

  • jcranmer: Ping bienvenu about WIP maildir converter for GSoC (by Friday)
  • Ask Roland: is there a way we can give people SUMO permissions for article editing without having to bug you about it?

Question Time


Usul, satdav, jcranmer, florian, wsmwk, Standard8