From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Meeting Changes


JosiahOne (incoming audio only), jcranmer, aceman (trying to install mic :)), clokep (in audio only)

Action items from last meetings

  • (ongoing) Standard8: Follow up with metric numbers being public
    • Pinged again on 2013-06-11, should be going through final approvals
    • Not hearing from them...might need to poke them again
  • (2013-04-02) Standard8: Investigating possibilities for dropping second ESR release channel whilst maintaining mainstream the same as the ESR releases.
    • Will send something to tb-planning
  • (2013-04-02) Standard8: arrange for swag to be sent to WADA and Aryx who are our awesome FotT.
    • Waiting to hear from Anne-Marie on how to do that.
    • Community as a whole: Decide "who is supposed to plan our dances?"
  • rkent: Send a proposal to tb-planning
  • http.jsm update
    • clokep needs to file a bug to get it included:
    • Patches for m-c and c-c attached
      • Should be reviewed by Mossop soon and checked into m-c
      • Need Florian (chat), mconley (FileLink) and Fallen (calendar) for c-c reviews
    • Lightning is probably broken for SM until this is fixed
      • Uses a file from mail/
    • Missed the 24 train :(

Critical Issues

  • The tree is orange. CrazyVery orange.
    • With some great work from aceman and Hiro, we're getting close to resolving most of the orange.
    • Standard8 is working with releng on the windows bustage - has a builder with appropriate headers installed, waiting for builds to complete
    • xpshell bustage on linux!
    • Partial async spell-check patch has landed for 23 and 24. Cached compose windows will still have busted inline-spellchecking, but at least the compose window will work.


Round Table

  • mconley
    • Back from vacation!
    • Did some reviews last night, doing more tonight.
    • Ensemble
      • Jon has got his first test case written, and has successfully created a mock server to test connecting against
      • Now he's working on filling up his Radicale CardDAV server with fake contacts so that he can try retrieving them
      • His first patch is almost ready to land:
    • Thunderbird devtools
      • Fallen has created an experimental add-on to give debugger capabilities to other XUL apps. He sent mail to tb-drivers about this, but should have probably done to tb-planning (I believe he'll start a thread there soon if he hasn't already).
  • Standard8
    • Caught up on most of my reviews, the remaining should be caught up soon
    • Working mainly to fix bustage on the tree. Nearing the end, see above
    • Also did patch for ldap autocomplete following a discussion with Neil a week or two ago. Should mean we'll complete the switch to toolkit interfaces.
  • jcranmer
    • ccrework status update: Thunderbird builds under m-c, xpcshell and mozmill tests pass (after makefile path changes and updates)
    • Most review requests will be handled on weekends
    • Working on mass conversion to mozilla::Atomic
  • aceman
    • no updates. Fixing tests so no big features yet ;)
  • roland
    • No updates! Testing 24! Go developers go! Let me know what you want to test, and I'll do it.
  • JosiahOne
    • Tabs in OS X titlebar just about done. Waiting on bug 851652 (Moving window control buttons down), which unfortnuately has staled. I'm considering landing without it, since it will definitely be done by the next large release of TB. May as well get more testing in with drawInTitlebar.
    • Working on monochrome sidebar icons for OS X, which is just about done. (
    • Am hoping to update the Thunderbird pages (visually) on over the course of the summer.
    • Also have pretty much switched priorities from Firefox work to Thunderbird now! (Only 1 Fx bug left) My Firefox contributions will limit to widget fixes (which should benefit TB as well)
  • wsmwk
  • clokep
    • qheaden (GSoC student) is making good progress on the Yahoo! Messenger protocol:
    • Buddy list, conversations and conferences (mostly) work
    • Looking to land this "preffed off" into Instantbird nightlies "soon"
      • I'll attempt to package this as an extension for TB as well.
      • Requires a few core changes to the chat/ core, however

Question Time

  • JosiahOne - As I understand it, there are no TB-specific plans for Summit 2013. Reasons including but not limiting to: Lack of active planning and spread out volunteers. Is this pretty much accurate? (see action item 4 on the top -> no planning yet) <- That concerns the planning community issue, but that doesn't verify the question.

Action Items