< Thunderbird | Support
Thunderbird Support Day March 14, 2012
- When: All day March 14, 2012
- Where: TB11 support issues Etherpad based on support topics in the official Thunderbird Get Satisfaction Forum or your favourite unofficial Thunderbird Support Forum and optionally in IRC at irc.mozilla.org, #tb-support-crew (if you don't have an IRC client installed, then try this web client: #tb-support-crew via the mibbit client ) - Roland Tanglao, the Thunderbird Technical Support Lead, will be monitoring the Etherpad and IRC 8a.m. Pacific - 4p.m Pacific with a break or two for lunch and coffee
Thunderbird 11 is going to be released March 13, 2012. Based on experience with prior releases, the first day after the release ia when the support community finds the issues with that release. Hence having the support day on March 14 one day after the release on the 13th. There will also be another support day after the release of Thunderbird 12.
Therefore we are going to have a support day to try and collectively as a support community and more efficiently find these problems faster and help each other solve them.
Focus of March 14, 2012 support day is:
- Finding exact Steps to reproduce "Disappearing Lightning Calendar Problems" so we can file bug(s) and hopefully make some progress on eliminating this problem
- Thunderbird 3.1 to Thunderbird 11 upgrade issues.
How to participate
- Upgrade To Thunderbird 11
- If you find an issue, search for the issue in your forum e.g. here's how to search in the Get Satisfaction Thunderbird forum. If you find the issue, post that link to the March 14, 2012 Thunderbird Support Day Etherpad. If you don't find the issue create a new support forum post and post that link to the March 14, 2012 Thunderbird Support Day Etherpad.
- If you have no issues, search your favourite Thunderbird Support forum e.g. search the Get Satisfaction Thunderbird support forum and if you can identify any hot TB 10 related issues, please add links to them on the March 14, 2012 Thunderbird Support Day Etherpad
- Try to solve the issue or find a workaround for the issue. If you do find a workaround or solution, please update the March 14, 2012 Thunderbird Support Day Etherpad
- If you can't find a solution or workaround, create a bug on bugzilla. If you don't know how to do that you can IRC roland on irc.mozilla.org or email rtanglao AT mozilla.com