- This page contains a summary of the the code and localization string and other modifications to the Kitsune KB application that is currently running for Thunderbird and is running at support.mozillamessaging.com aka "SuMoMo"
- All mods were done by Andrei aka Sancus
- SuMoMo has only deployed the KB app. The other apps (AAQ i.e. user to user support, Army of Awesome, etc.) have NOT been deployed
Code and other repos
- sancus's fork of kitsune with showfor, disabling Army of Awesome, disable mobile support and other miscellaneous hacks:
- https://github.com/Sancus/kitsune/ (last updated from the main kitsune repo in Sept 2011)
- l10n repo on svn (mainly s/Firefox/Thunderbird)
- mods to "kitsune for" code to allow the use of tb as well as ff
- miscellaneous hacks: e.g.
- add tips category for "Thunderbird tip of the week"
- comment out mobile code that errors because it assumes the presence of mobile versions of Thunderbird (there is no mobile version of Thunderbird!)
minimal Thunderbird theming customizations e.g.
- change SUMO mascot to Thunderbird mascot aka the Thunderbird kid
- change graphics that have the wordmark Firefox to the wordmark Thunderbird
Mainly changing "Firefox" to "Thunderbird"; mostly done by script and/or editor search and replace. One minor complication was some locales (e.g. PL) "decline" i.e. change the ending of nouns so in those locales the l10n file in svn had to be manually edited to the appropriate declined form of Thunderbird e.g. "Thunderbirda" in the appropriate places.