< Webdev | Web Production | Kanban
Last updated: 2015/01/30
The following describes the flow of tasks through the mozilla.org kanban board. This flow is adapted from the general kanban guidelines.
Mozilla.org uses the Kanban signal & pull method. Tasks are marked as ready using the green checkmark, this signals that a task is ready for the next stage of work.
- With some discussion tasks are added to the Backlog and prioritized. Only items that should actually be worked on should be added to this column.
- Ready Flag: None. Tasks are assumed ready.
2. Research & Design
- Tasks that are being started/researched are pulled to this column.
- Ready Flag: Flag applied when ready to be coded, if no R&D needed, still goes into this column and marked ready.
3. Coding & In Progress
- Task is pulled into this column when actively being coded/worked on.
- Ready Flag: Developer checks this flag after finishing task and filing a pull request.
4. Code Review
- Task is pulled into this column by whomever is doing the code review. Task is assigned to reviewer.
- No Ready Flag. When PR is merged the card automagically moves (via plugin Kanbender) to the Merge column.
- Cards in this column have been merged and are awaiting a production push.
- Currently need to manually verify the task is complete and live on production and archive card.
- Ready Flag: Not Used