Notes: This page doesn't include any Mozilla specific community support information since that fits in the Our Community section. We could link to that from the text to avoid any confusion.
- Transparent community-based processes promote participation, accountability, and trust." - Mozilla Manifesto
- Free and open source software promotes the development of the Internet as a public resource." - Mozilla Manifesto
Mozilla devotes a significant amount of time and resources into fostering a healthy ecosystem for communities to work--not just the Mozilla community but communities around other open source projects and free culture organizations. A healthy online community doesn't simply happen (there is no magic pixie dust) but it can be encouraged and supported.
- Promote a healthy ecosystem of participation online
- Help create successful models that can be repeated for new goals
- Support software development that benefits our own software creation
Insert a few links here to relevant contribute pages.
What we do
- We've pioneered a model of online participation of transparent community based processes in the way we've created our software that is used as a model for other organizations.
- Link directly to open source projects we've supported? Would that duplicate information presented below?
- Link to information about grants for Cairo, SQLite, LittleCMS, Creative Commons, etc.
- Advocate for openness and transparency etc. Participation in the creation of the Principles of an Open Transition
Open Source / Copyleft
Insert some feed sources here.