Content workspace for mozilla.org/drumbeat pages.
To create a static page(s) about Drumbeat that will give people an introduction to what it is and then link into relevant places for people wanting to participate, find more information, etc.
Program and Services
On the original drumbeat.org, everything about Drumbeat was on one site so differences in types of content were not apparent. Defining different content areas can help us think through the transition to having information about Drumbeat on multiple sites.
- Program: A system of services, opportunities, or projects, usually designed to meet a social need.
- Services: The provision of a discrete function within a systems environment
There is one Drumbeat program and many services that support it, including currently:
- Projects/People/Events/??? (Batucada)
- Donations (donate.mozilla.org)
- Newsletter (Responsys)
- Grants? (system for managing, tracking and reporting grants in the works?)
- Potentially many more services as Drumbeat expands and evolves
Based on this, information about the Drumbeat program can go at mozilla.org/drumbeat and information and functionality related to a specific service will go on that specific site.
- Timing: Launch of Batucada site
- Goal: Promote the launch of the new Drumbeat.org on Mozilla.org
- Timing: End of Q1
- Scope: Expand pages to fill out sub-nav w/ integrated mozilla.org branding?
- Timing: End of Q2
- Scope: Full set of pages?
These pages can have their own design but there should also be some commonality with other pages on mozilla.org. For instance, we could have a similar header layout with different colors for different sections (blue for Firefox, red for Mozilla, brown for Drumbeat, etc).
We can also develop an illustration theme, similar to how the Firefox pages have illustrated monsters. In Drumbeat's case it seems like illustrations of blocks or legos could be a good fit.
- Header layout
- Common footer elements
- Page layout?
- Illustration style
- Section footer elements
Currently all Drumbeat content is on drumbeat.org, but this will change when we have static pages on mozilla.org/drumbeat in addition to the new Batucada-based Drumbeat site.
Maybe we should have donate promos in pages instead of a Donate section in the nav?