- 1:00pm PDT (20:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 432 7917 (US toll free)
- +1 334 309 0297 (International)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Development Updates
- 4 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 5 Foundation Updates
- 6 Roundtable
- 7 Other Business
- Development Updates
- IT Updates
- Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Foundation Updates
- Other Business
- Firefox and Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 released last week.
- Regression from https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=181860 caused https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=346167, which required a respin for Firefox 220.127.116.11.
- QA still verifying the fix and spot checking l10n builds.
- Software update testing will be done tomorrow and we should be ready for release tomorrow evening if everything goes smoothly.
- Beta2 planned for Early August. Daily triage happening.
- Thunderbird 2 Alpha is Now Available!
- Thanks to Paul, Marcia and everyone who helped get Alpha 2 out the door.
- Beta 1 Scheduled for end of August.
- Sherman wants comments on Fx3 Data Gathering, see dev-planning group
- Gecko 1.9 bug triage meetings will start this week, most likely Thursday afternoon (most likely 3pm, need to verify people's availability)
- Addons move
- Tinderbox fixes
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Kicked off thread for long-term focus for Firefox on dev-planning. Will use to drive immediate-term research and data gathering activities.
- Firefox User Panel should be going live today, announcements will be rolling out to mail lists, Spread Firefox, MozillaZine, etc.
- Kicked off branding project last week with Factor Design; goal is to streamline brand assets for Mozilla and partner use.
- Prepared to update English, French, German, Polish Firefox start pages with World Firefox Day link.
- New marketing manager David Rolnitzky starts on Thursday.
- OSCON screening of Flicks went great. Booth duty and other Firefox advocacy also went well.
- Spread Firefox v.2, developed by the SFX+ team, completed and is to be staged and tested soon.
- Firefox 2 party planning underway with new tool to come online soon.
- Crop Circle moving forward with help from OSU friends.
- Digg style news app for Mozilla to be folded in to SFX or possibly maintained by SFX volunteers mozillakicks.com.
- 200M downloads today. Will update the SFX banner but no high visibility events or coverage planned.
Projects we made some progress on last week:
- Newsgroup summaries plan -- still looking for more feedback on this idea (see this thread for more details)
- Getting MDC added to the web stats system
- Developing a 6 month marketing plan for promoting MDC
- Working on getting a logo for MDC, and planning a new visual design (will be meeting about this in TO next week, prepping for that meeting this week)
- Getting a feedback system set up for MDC
- Further improving the XUL Reference
- Finalized list of Q3 tasks and priorities for MDC, refined goals statements
- Worked up a rough agenda for Toronto meetings next week
- Worked with marketing/pr to arrange sponsorship of the An Event Apart conference in Seattle
Add-ons and AMO
- shaver continuing to gather/capture requirements for key site interactions for Sept relaunch in parallel with interaction design and prototype
- sancus and Radiant Core got mockup and Cake-based live prototype running for first part of the site refresh (add-on display); search is next up
- morgamic working on schema issues (for localization, initially), add-on blacklisting
- clouserw continuing to make current templates localizable, we'll be working with the Japanese localization team initially to get some feedback on the model
- nailing down URLs for localizers to use to point to plugin/theme/extension/search-engine pages, though they'll all point at the en-US page until we have some l10n capability rolled out