- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
Use "*1" (including the star) to mute yourself, if desired, to keep phone noise down.
- An issue was discovered last week which requires an RC2 respin: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=379738 (Error "entry point GetLongPathNameA could not be located" under NT 4.0 starting Firefox 18.104.22.168 RC1)
- Other bugs which will be taken in this respin:
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=373228 (Cookie injection problems) - Affects Fx 2004
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=379722 (Starting Firefox or Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 prints "Handling command line!") - Affects Fx 2004
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=375677 (Deleting 5 or more bookmarks at once in Bookmark Manager (FF 126.96.36.199) seriously messes up the bookmark handling) - Affects Fx 2004
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=378958 (Move NSPR pull-tag for 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206) - Affects Fx 2004/15012, Tb 15012
- This respin will delay the beta push we had planned for Thursday 5/10, so that we now plan to push betas next week, Tuesday 5/15.
- Tagging will happen this afternoon, and RC2 builds should be ready tomorrow.
- GFX: Landed Border rendering rewrite patch with some regressions.
- Layout: Continuing work on textrun-cache patch; a big pile of mochitests for style system, international bugs for textframe.
- Cycle Collector Activities: dbaron, peterv, jst, graydon, sicking, and brendan met last week. Now awaiting a patch by Sicking. See: Cycle Collector Status
- Cocoa Migration: Blocker Bashathon: 5 Blockers Eliminated last week, 32 remaining (8 Bugs added to blockers list during triage). GO! GO! GO!
- Goals were finalized last week: Mozilla Platform Q2 Goals
- GFX: Regressions from Borders, reviews for linux perf patches, and mac performance.
- Layout: textrun cache patch review, reflow regressions, more intl bugs.
- Yet Another Cycle Collector Meeting this Friday @ 11:30AM PDT.
- Continuing Cocoa Migration Blocker Bashathon: Meeting this Wednesday @ 3pm PDT
- Password Manager review completed, should land this week
- Close to turning on Places/Bookmarks on the trunk
- Shawn Wilsher starting to work on Content this week
- Growl (Mac notification) is now on and working on trunk
- Alpha 5 scheduled for end of May
- Current Firefox team status
- AMO -> GSLB proximity load balancing switch during Tuesday's maintenance window.
- Kernel Updates
- Build migrations - blocked on releases
- Perf testing machines to arrive
- Reed Loden in the house!
- We're working with IT on switching the Tp/pageload server away from axolotl; when we do this, the Tp numbers will change. We're figuring out the schedule for this, and will let everyone know via an outage announcement when we make this switch. This is being tracked in bug 363499.
- We're currently figuring out the semantic usages of the new _RELBRANCH proposal that preed discussed in his blog; as such, please don't check into it without checking with firstname.lastname@example.org first.
- The Win32/Linux Community VMs have been moved out to the community network, but we're still waiting for to get read only CVS access for those accounts bug 369013
Testing Tools and Infrastructure
- Performance Tests: improved performance of bulk data passing to the graph server (from ~20 minutes to under 10 seconds). Completed review of the performance test tool port to linux [alice, bhearsum]
- Pinged Backbase and Microsoft for updates to their testing frameworks. Backbase responded with a go-ahead, provided their proprietary extension is not checked-in publically. Microsoft replied with an acknowledgement and are still actively working on their test suite. Asked to follow up in a month or two.
- Firefox Companion for eBay beta release last Thursday
- Firefox end-user support open forum meetings Tuesday at 10 and Thursday at 2. See Sam's blog post for more details.
- Firefox download page A/B testing -- hoping to have sign-off on a few page designs so we can start testing by end of this week
- Search landing page testing -- to optimize search -- plan is to implement this week
- Store - bid process to redesign look and feel being finalized
- Event Strategy Feedback session at 2:00 p.m. PDT today, +1 650-903-0800, ext 91, id 248
- OSCON: Mitchell Baker added as speaker on opening day. Finalizing plan today/tomorrow.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Tb2 downloads are going through bouncer2
- Updated models to match new schema
- Inserted about 40 million records into stage db over the weekend; doing more db load testing w/ postgresql
- Looking at topcrasher reports this week along with webapp tasks
- Tested .nl mirror of AMO -- should go live on Tuesday as mrz said
- Download count issues resolved
- mozilla-europe CMS is setup, email sent to involved parties
- Jason Douglas has joined the product team today. His first project will be to investigate re-envisioning the Firefox Start Page