From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Meeting Details

  • 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
  • Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
  • +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
  • +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
  • +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
  • [Use *1 to mute yourself]
  • join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking

Use "*1" (including the star) to mute yourself, if desired, to keep phone noise down.

In Attendance

Development Updates


  • Code Freeze: This Friday 7/13
    • Please land approved patches ASAP!
    • Continue triaging bugs that need patches
      • A lot of bugs with no Trunk bake time or recent traction will be pushed out
      • We will help prioritize blockers for devs that have a lot of bugs assigned (jst, mrbkap, sicking, bz, dvedtiz)
  • QA starting bug verifications on builds
  • Still targeting 7/31 for release date (to avoid conflict with FF3b1 milestone)

TB 3

  • Thunderbird trunk builds will be moving to Breakpad this week and we'll be removing talkback. Thanks to Ted Mielczarek, bsmedberg, aravind and coop for their help in making this possible.

Gecko 1.9

Firefox 3

  • Lots of UI work in progress:
    • protocol handling
    • malware UI (landed)
    • plugins in the addons manager
    • download manager
    • Places UI for adding tags and bookmarks


  • Build VM performance issues
    • Migration needed to a new LUN - planning for Tuesday
    • should significantly improve performance
  • Mozilla-eu migrated to San Jose
  • Pageload server re-write work continues
  • Breakpad infra production ready


  • There will be a 12-hour outage window on Tuesday to move the most critical VMs around on the Netapp to help solve some performance problems. It will start at 10 am.
  • Planning this week to deploy the new linux ref platform, which is based on CentOS 5.0; Win32 ref platform refresh is up next.
  • We'll be handing off the community build tinderboxen tomorrow during tomorrow evening's outage window.


  • Firefox 3
    • Continue test planning and test case generation
    • Testing Firefox 3 Alpha 6
  • Firefox
    • Start bug verifications
    • Identify critical areas for focused testing
  • New Hires
    • Stephend, full-time
    • Ben, intern



  • Firefox eBay Edition launched for UK/DE/FR last Wednesday, July 4. Details here.
  • Open source solution Tikiwiki.org has been selected as the prototype for the support.mozilla.com system. We are excited to have the tikiwiki community involved in improving Firefox Support.


  • Wednesday, July 11th at 12 noon in Bldg. K: JT, Asa & Seth B will present a re-cap of South American Trip & Global community engagement, marketing, localization, etc. See http://jtbatson.blogspot.com/ for highlights! Webcast will be Available
  • Wednesday, July 11th at 2 PM: Air Mozilla returns. Asa working with Marcia, Jay, Zach Lipton, pkim and producer Rainer Cvillink to host a community meeting with guest Mitchell Baker. Details here.
  • Seth and Chofmann are going to India to do community building. You can read about the schedule of events on Seth's Blog.

Mozilla Labs

Developer Relations

Webdev, Add-ons, AMO

  • AMO
    • Download and update ping stats will be made available for developers
    • Add-ons not compatible with Firefox 2 will be "sandboxed" today (about 800)
    • Continuing UE refresh
  • Breakpad
    • Breakpad hackathon this week
    • Load testing breakpad servers on production hardware
  • Mozilla Support
    • Worked with JT and choffman to pick groupware
    • We'll be working with TikiWiki and its community to produce a beta Mozilla Support knowledgebase
  • mozilla-europe.org & mozilla-world.org
    • On new hardware

Foundation Updates

  • Grants
    • Steve Lee completed phase 2 of his Jambu project to enable Firefox to work with alternative input devices; for more information see his report; he'll now be starting phase 3 of this work.
    • Aaron Leventhal submitted two new accessibility-related grant proposals for our consideration.
  • Legal
    • We've officially submitted an application for trademark registration of the Camino logo. Thanks go to Smokey Ardisson and Samuel Sidler for tracking down some additional information needed for the application.
  • Miscellaneous
    • Frank spoke at the National Federation of the Blind in Computer Science meeting in Atlanta GA, about the nature and importance of open source, our Mozilla and Firefox accessibility efforts, and how open source might affect the assistive technology industry.
    • David is continuing to work on helping out with the www.mozilla.org web site and tracking of Mozilla Foundation donations.

For more information see the individual status reports:


Other Business

  • Flock 0.9.0 will be released tomorrow.
    • Based off of Fx