- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking and backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
- A problem was found last week (bug 389580) which required a 22.214.171.124 release in a short time frame.
- Fx2006rc2 was pushed to beta users last week. No major problems have been reported.
- We are shipping Firefox 126.96.36.199 tonight.
- Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 will go out some time in the next few days.
- Please see Mitchell's post about finding a new home for Thunderbird: http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/archives/2007/07/email_futures.html and the thoughts David and I have over at: http://scott-macgregor.org/blog/
- If you have thoughts and ideas on this issue please participate in the discussion.
- M7 Release still pending.
- Tree will remained closed until M7 crashes resolved (four on platform). Bugs flagged as blocking 1.9+ with a Target Milestone of mozilla1.9 M7 must be resolved before tree will reopen.
- New protocol handling dialog landed; critical regressions cleaned up. One alpha 7 blocker remains; it has a patch and is in the review cycle.
- Places: Working on final M7 bug. UI focus for M8 is ongoing.
- We'll be doing our standard bug triage this week.
- Support- alpha of Firefox support knowledge base goes live this Friday for community review. You still can get involved. We also are looking for feedback on good forum design and live chat software.
- International- Seth and Chofmann have returned from India and will be holding a brown bag to recap the trip. Also, Rishi will be publishing his learnings on our next round of countries this week.
- Community connector tool- live demo of alpha on Thursday at 2pm
- Retention- time line for 12 step retention program published this week
- Enterprise- the first call of the Enterprise working group was a success. Recap. Our next call is Wed, Aug 8th at 10 am pacific.
- OSCON: Please send Mary feedback to mary -at- mozilla -dot- com by end of day this Wednesday for wrap up report.
- Black Hat:
- Community meet & greet party scheduled -- Pajama Party with Mozilla: Wednesday, August 1, 11 p.m. - 2 a.m. at the Royal 55 room at Ceaser's Palace.
- Please collect your t-shirts from Andrew.
- Add greasemonkey-like scripting
- Patch landed for running WebRunner from Firefox
- Demo collecting
- Get more SVG/Canvas demos like Vlad's "photos.svg"
- Need more "flashy" demos
- Lots of new stuff to document on MDC
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Pushed force=1 patch -- so even when throttling is on "check for updates" will pass through and always get a non-throttled result -- see bug 388592
- Worked on Bouncer patch to add memcache
- Will not be pushing that this release
- Download count patch was posted -- thanks Andrei
- Will push this, time allowing (release takes precedence)
- Production updated today, some important fixes and additions added so check it out
- Some issues with downloads, caching is currently disabled. Proposal for new download links
David, Frank, and Zak are in Boston today for the Internet as a Public Good Symposium, and Gerv is on vacation; therefore no one from the Foundation will be participating in the weekly update call today. Foundation updates will be posted later today.