- done with all blockers
- expect tab matching in awesomebar on trunk shortly
- will be hitting the new year running with plans for implementing new theme work
- sdwilsh has been doing analysis of how we can further reduce I/O on the main thread
- also hoping to provide a revised roadmap, which will likely look like
- out-of-process plugins in Q1 2010 shipped on 1.9.2 branch
- beta of Firefox 4 in summer 2010 (shipped on 1.9.3 branch?)
- Firefox 4 aimed at late 2010 or early 2011
- added 2010 first quarter team goals to the wiki (see above)
- many of us will be vanishing on holiday over the next few weeks, but there should always be someone monitoring dev-apps-firefox and the #fx-team channel other than weekends and holidays
Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Firefox 3.5.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- short-turn release targeted at early January 2010, only contains three bugs:
- fix to updater
- networking regression for users with NTLM authenticating proxies
- a topcrash fix that's been baking on branch for over two months
- currently waiting on one last patch to land on release branches
- all other bugs that had been targeted at 3.0.17/3.5.7 are now targeted at 3.0.18/3.5.8 which will work to pretty much the same schedule as originally planned for 3.0.17/3.5.7
- Thunderbird 3.1 and Thunderbird 3.0.1 schedules drafted
- Automated test policy changes for the mail/, mailnews/, editor/ and directory/ pieces of comm-central proposed to go into effect January 4.
- The Lightning 1.0b1 release candidate works with Thunderbird 3 and is available for testing and very much desiring of your feedback.
- Rolled out geo-ip aware bouncer/
download.mozilla.org- bug 459919
- Still fine tuning
- NetApp firmware upgrades - 01/04/2010
- releases last week for 3.0.16, 3.5.6, and 3.6b5
- Aki setup a release framework for Fennec builds
- Firefox 3.6: Tested and shipped beta 5 on 12/17
- Plans to test through MU scenarios for 3.5.5 and 3.0.15 -> 3.6b4.
- Firefox 3.5.7/3.0.17: awaiting a short-cycle release when bugs land
- Fennec Testing: lots of dogfooding as the rc is close. List of 9 QA blockers for RC here.
Web Dev Testing
- Verified bug fixes on Mozilla.com
- Continued work on Automation of AMO and the Selenium Grid infrastructure
Accessibility, Localization, Community
- Added firefox.mobile newsgroups to Hendrix
- Held the Destroy Fx 3.6 Testday. Recap can be found here
- Next testday kicks off in Jan 8th, 2010: Test Mobile Firefox RC
- No updates.
Five Years of Firefox The Five Years of Firefox Creative Collective Design Challenge has closed its call for submissions. Now its time for you to vote! Make sure to cast your vote by December 16th! Check out John's blog post or Sarah's for some recommendations of our favorites!
- Notes & video from our last community marketing call on Wednesday, December 16th.
- Next call will resume on January 6th!
- Foundations of Open Media Software January 13 - 15, 2010; Wellington, New Zealand. Perfect venue to promote open video. We are currently sponsoring this - Matthew Gregan, Chris Double and Chris Pearce will be attending and representing Mozilla.
- Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL) 2010 January 20-22, 2010; Madrid Spain. We are sponsoring this event.
- Techkriti, GNUnify, Quark - February 2010; India. Looking into participation and sponsorship at these events in India.
- SXSW Interactive 2010 March 12-16, 2010; Austin, Texas. Working on sponsorship opportunities and Firefox party. Please continue to check our wiki page for information.
- Programming Languages and Analysis for Security (PLAS 2010) June 10, 2010; Toronto, Canada. We are sponsoring this event.
- No updates this week.
- No updates this week!
- No Design Lunch this week
- Weave 1.0 Beta released last week; a 1.0 Release Candidate will be going out this week.
- Test Pilot Accounts and Passwords study released.
- We're now analyzing the data coming in from the Test Pilot Week in the Life of a Browser study, with detailed results and aggregated data samples to be published this week.
- No updates this week
- Firefox 3.6 compatibility at 71%
- AMO now has hudson set up for continuous integration (booyaaaaa!)
- Bouncer now supports GeoIP (see bug) - working out the kinks
- Facebook security quiz was updated (thanks oremj) to not ask people for access to info when it was unnecessary to do so (we didn't even collect any data aside from quiz answers).
- No updates this week