- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Speakers
- 5 Status Updates By Team
- 5.1 Firefox
- 5.2 Gecko
- 5.3 Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- 5.4 Old Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- 5.5 Thunderbird
- 5.6 SeaMonkey
- 5.7 Mobile
- 5.8 IT
- 5.9 Release Engineering
- 5.10 QA
- 5.11 Test Dev
- 5.12 Security
- 5.13 Marketing/PR
- 5.14 Support
- 5.15 Metrics
- 5.16 Evangelism
- 5.17 Labs
- 5.18 Developer Tools
- 5.19 Add-ons
- 5.20 Webdev
- 5.21 L10n
- 6 Introducing New Hires
- 7 Foundation Updates
- 8 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
- I'd like to nominate Staś, for his above-and-beyond work driving many aspects of the Open To Choice campaign - stephend
- I nominate Jonathan Kew for removing the ATSUI rendering code from the tree. --Simon Montagu
The Firefox team is having an on-site work-week in Mountain View.
Monday, 1 March
Tuesday, 2 March
Wednesday, 3 March
Thursday, 4 March
Design Lunch - Test Pilot menu study results presented by Blake, Jono, and Jinghua. What menu items in Firefox are used most, which are hardest for people to find, and what could this mean for redesigning menus in Firefox.next? 12:30pm
Friday, 5 March
QA is holding a testday on Learning How to Testscript your Add-ons with Mozmill! For more information, take a look at our event page.
- SXSW Interactive 2010 March 12-16, 2010; Austin, Texas. We are hosting a Mozilla party on Saturday, March 13th from 6-8pm at the Cedar Door. Sign-ups for our party are here. Add-ons will also be doing a few events including a golf outing. Stay tuned for more information!
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Schedule for Firefox 3.0.19 / 3.5.9 / 3.6.2||Mike Beltzner||Set schedule for next set of security releases||n/a||3.0.19 | 3.5.9 | 3.6.2|
|Faster build machines, faster end-to-end times||Chris AtLee||Recent work by Release Engineering on improving end-to-end times||http://people.mozilla.org/~catlee/end2end.pdf||http://atlee.ca/blog/2010/03/01/faster-build-machines-faster-end-to-end-time/|
|Mochitests on Mobile||Clint Talbert||Getting our test infrastructure to run on Windows Mobile Phones||MochiRemote Slides|
|Qa Work Week and uTest Demo||Matt Evans||What's happening this week with QA and uTest background|| uTest Presentation 10a Weds|
Qa work schedule
|Firefox Developer Preview||Benjamin Smedberg (bsmedberg)||Firefox Developer Preview: 2010-March-2 edition||?||candidate builds|
|Mozilla Drumbeat||Mark Surman||Intro'ing 'developer' version drumbeat.org, looking for projects and contributors.||Blog post about drumbeat.org developer launch|
|Open to Choice||Mary Colvig||Quick update & how to get involved! (Choice POWER team)||Slides|
Status Updates By Team
- Check out our active projects
- out of process plugins (destined for a 3.6.x update)
- new theme work (destined for next major Firefox release)
- tab matches in awesomebar (destined for next major Firefox release)
- Learn more at the weekly development meeting.
- Gecko 1.9.3 Alpha 2 is shipping this week with out of process plugins enabled by default. Watch for the announcement in dev planning.
- Direct2D has landed, pref'd off. More info on what this means check out Bas' blog.
- To turn on Direct2D in our latest mozilla-central nightly builds, see the Direct2D demo page.
Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
Old Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 builds are available as of 3/1.
- Current plan is to beta on 3/5 and ship on 3/12.
- Contact Dveditz or Abillings with questions.
- 3.0.2 final built and shipped
- Discovered regression bug 548735; 3.0.3 built, will ship & announce shortly
- Lanikai beta 1 code/string frozen as of last Tuesday; builds to start soon
- faster end-to-end-cycle times. catlee will talk about this, but for those just reading the notes:
- Windows: new hardware build machines -> PGO builds in 1/4 the time it took on VMs
- Mac: builds are now done preferentially on xserves, tests on minis
- Linux: still awesome
- Linux x64 debug builds are now available - blog
- disconnected rev2 minis last week. Will start recycling them into other applications this week.
Planned this week
- Test Execution
- planned work week QA Workweek Schedule
- test and sign off for FF 3.7a2 FF 3.7a2 TestPlan
- test final release of Thunderbird 22.214.171.124
- Web QA
- Work on AMO 5.8
- Continue working on and shipping the remaining work for the EU Ballot, as localized pages come in
- Certify SUMO 1.5.2
- QA Community
- As part of QA week, the crowd sourcing company uTest will give Mozilla and testing community a presentation on air.mozilla Weds Mar 3, 10am
Accomplished last week
- Test Execution
- Firefox 3.0.18 and 3.5.8
- Release update testing
- Major update testing on beta and release
- Web QA
- test and released AMO 5.7
- test and released MCC 1.1
- QA Community
- Marco Reached out to community in English and German regarding the new Freedom Of Choice browser selection screen and its accessibility implications for screen reader users and those of other assistive technologies.
- 'Select your browser' - which browser to choose in Microsoft's browser ballot?
- Browser Wars: The Sequel
- Browsers joust for position
- Mozilla Firefox Mobile
- Android version of Mozilla Fennec pictured on Nexus One and DROID
- SXSW Interactive 2010 March 12-16, 2010; Austin, Texas. We have a small sponsorship and are hosting a Mozilla party on Saturday, March 13th from 6-8pm at the Cedar Door. Sign-ups for our party are here. Please continue to check our wiki page for information.
- ROFLCon II April 30 - May 1, 2010; Boston, MA. We have a join sponsorship with the Mozilla Foundation and will be live streaming and archiving the event with HTML5 open video.
- Processing.js Boston - April 10, 2010; Boston, MA. Looking into putting together an event with the Processing.js team.
- JSConf.US April 17-18, 2010; Washington, DC. We are sponsoring this event. We will also have Mitcho, one of our Jetpack Ambassadors conducting a Jetpack talk and putting together Jetpack hacking session in the lounge.
- e27 echelon 2010 June 1-2, 2010; Singapore. Looking into participation.
- GUADEC 2010 - July 24-30, 2010; Netherlands Looking over sponsorship opportunities
- Open Video Conference 2010 - Looking over sponsorship opportunities.
- New Creative Collective design challenge: create the official Mozilla 2010 t-shirt!
- More details on how we're going to revise our web universe.
- Creative brief for refining the mozilla.org homepage.
- Lots of page testing:
- Choice POWER team: See above! We need coverage in each of the countries the Browser Choice screen will roll out to.
- No updates this week
- Working on this week's hacks post. JS up, other demos will follow.
- No updates this week.
Introducing New Hires
- Support: please welcome Kadir Topal, our new SUMO community manager!
- RelEng: please welcome Mike "Bear" Taylor
- www.drumbeat.org is now live for project developers and community feedback.
- Lightning talk at this Monday's meeting.