- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Speakers
- 5 Status Updates By Team
- 5.1 Firefox
- 5.2 Gecko
- 5.3 Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- 5.4 Old Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- 5.5 Thunderbird
- 5.6 SeaMonkey
- 5.7 Mobile
- 5.8 IT
- 5.9 Release Engineering
- 5.10 QA
- 5.11 Tools Dev
- 5.12 Security
- 5.13 Marketing/PR
- 5.14 Support
- 5.15 Metrics
- 5.16 Evangelism
- 5.17 Labs
- 5.18 Developer Tools
- 5.19 Add-ons
- 5.20 Webdev
- 5.21 L10n
- 6 Introducing New Hires
- 7 Foundation Updates
- 8 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Monday, 8 March
Tuesday, 9 March
- code freeze scheduled for Firefox 3.6.2 / 3.5.9 / 3.0.19 March 9th at 11:59pm PT
- if you have approved bugs, please land ASAP, especially if they're blockers!
- the appropriate triage lists are on the Tinderboxes
- see detailed schedule on the releases page
Wednesday, 10 March
- Mozilla is hosting a user group meeting of HBase (a Hadoop project). We are using HBase for our new Socorro back-end infrastructure. There will be a *lot* of people in the office after 6 PM. If you are interested in Hadoop and/or HBase, you should hang out!
Thursday, 11 March
- Design Lunch - Looking for a topic! If you have one, please add it to the Design Lunch page. Thanks.
Friday, 12 March
- SXSW Interactive 2010 March 12-16, 2010; Austin, Texas. We have a small sponsorship and are hosting a Mozilla party on Saturday, March 13th from 6-8pm at the Cedar Door. Sign-ups for our party are here. There will also be a Add-ons golf event on Friday, March 12th which you can sign up for here. Check out the wiki page for information on all of our events and sessions.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Jetpack SDK 0.1 Release||Daniel Buchner||The graduation of Jetpack to a production-level platform||Slide on laptop||Mozilla Jetpack|
|Rock Your Firefox||Julie Choi & Justin Scott||Learn about our new add-ons site launching this week||Website Preview||Rock Your Firefox|
|FF3.0.x EOL||joduinn||turning off FF3.0.x machines after the FF3.0.19 release ships|
|MPL||Mitchell Baker, Harvey Anderson, Luis Villa||Updates about the MPL.||Slide on laptop|
Status Updates By Team
- Had a great work-week - worked on the new theme, performance, and did a bunch of planning for 2010.
- Check out our active projects
- out of process plugins (destined for a 3.6.x update)
- new theme work (destined for next major Firefox release)
- tab matches in awesomebar (destined for next major Firefox release)
- Learn more at the weekly development meeting.
Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- Firefox 3.5.9 and 3.6.2 checkins continue.
- Current schedule is:
- Tree opens:
- Code freeze: March 9, 11:59pm
- QA starts: March 10
- Builds start: March 15
- QA with builds start: March 16 - 17
- Beta period starts: March 17 - 18
- Final release: March 30
Old Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (final release) going to beta today.
- Firefox 3.0.19 checkins continue.
Last Couple Weeks
- In Phoenix
- 50 1u RelEng builders
- 100 more Mac Minis
- Releases this week:
- TB184.108.40.206 going to beta
- "go to build" for FF3.0.19, FF3.5.9, FF3.6.2
- FF3.0.19 is the *last* release on the FF3.0.x line. Will be powering off systems soon after the FF3.0.19 release.
Planned this week
- work on Q2 goals definition
- Test Execution
- Continue test planning for 3.next
- Web QA
- Continue testing on AMO 5.8
- Certify SUMO 1.5.2
Accomplished last week
- Test Execution
- Most of the team attended the QA Work Week
- Web QA
- QA Community
- Tomcat attended CeBit and gave a conference talk on getting involved in Mozilla.
- Marco wrote an article on the iPhone web reading capabilities and learned quite a lot about what an eventually accessible Fennec on any platform should provide. If all goes well, this will be in the March 26, 2010 issue of the Webstandards-Magazin print issue.
- Working hard on windows mobile. Landing a ton of test refactoring patches this week.
- Putting finishing touches on Crash Reproduction System UI
- Valgrind UI starting this week.
- Hardware Accelerated Reftest extension is working on windows, porting to mac and linux this week.
- More info here
- SXSW Interactive 2010 March 12-16, 2010; Austin, Texas. We have a small sponsorship and are hosting a Mozilla party on Saturday, March 13th from 6-8pm at the Cedar Door. Sign-ups for our party are here. Check out the wiki page for information on all of our events and sessions.
- ROFLCon II April 30 - May 1, 2010; Boston, MA. We have a join sponsorship with the Mozilla Foundation and will be live streaming and archiving the event with HTML5 open video.
- Processing.js Boston - April 10, 2010; Boston, MA. Looking into putting together an event with the Processing.js team.
- JSConf.US April 17-18, 2010; Washington, DC. We are sponsoring this event. We will also have Mitcho, one of our Jetpack Ambassadors conducting a Jetpack talk and putting together Jetpack hacking session in the lounge.
- e27 echelon 2010 June 1-2, 2010; Singapore. Gen will be participating in this event.
- GUADEC 2010 - July 24-30, 2010; Netherlands. We are sponsoring at the bronze level. More information to come soon.
- Open Video Conference 2010 - Looking over sponsorship opportunities.
- The "rethinking the web universe" plan continues to move along. Here's the latest breakdown.
- New Creative Collective design challenge: create the official Mozilla 2010 t-shirt.
- Introducing the new Mozilla Developer Network logo.
- Still working with WebDev on plugins projects:
- Plugins Check: working on being cross functional with the latest releases of Chrome, Opera, Safari and *potentially* IE8 by the end of the month.
- We need help testing plugins.mozilla.org. Please file bugs and assign them to Les Orchard.
- Planning a brown bag for the next week/two weeks to talk about Plugins Check and how we can better collaborate with other teams working with Plugins ( ie OOPP).
- Open to Choice:
- A huge thank you is needed for the l10n team! We're live in 12 languages!
- Here's how to help:
- Banners: Place an affiliate button on your website or blog.
- Twitter: Follow us on Twitter, add a Twibbon to your profile or RT @opentochoice news.
- Blog: Share your perspective on Browser Choice (see FuzzyFox's blog post).
- Set up a social media campaign in your region. Mozilla Hispano have set up a great one on Tuenti.
- Share the new Facebook tab.
- Community Marketing Call: Please see notes from last week's call. Next call is March 17th at 10 a.m. PST/18:00 UTC.
- Community Spotlight/Best Practices: Please help us collect case studies on all the great stuff you've done from events to marketing campaigns to design work. Please submit it here.
- Jetpack SDK 0.1 being released this week! (today?)
- Bespin Embedded 0.6.2 was released fixing a number of bugs and provided a few minor improvements.
Introducing New Hires
- Ian Bicking joined Webdev full-time last week and is on-site. He's awesome and if you see him around please say hi!