- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
Mary Colvig wrote in, "I wanted to nominate the following people for pitching in on tours last week: Matthew Zeier, Daisuke, Jono, Dave Dash, Bret Reckard, Sara Yu, & Vineel Reddy."
Monday, 23 August
Tuesday, 24 August
Wednesday, 25 August
- Community Marketing Call at 10 a.m. PDT/17:00 UTC on the Mozilla marketing channel. Stay tuned for the agenda.
- Web Universe brown bag on air.mozilla.org at 12:30 pacific
Thursday, 26 August
- Web site task force at 10 pacific
Friday, 27 August
Product Status Updates
- QA working through FF4 beta 4 validation, chasing a couple bugs around RTL support and support for PPC, but might be ready to sign off today
- Feature freeze targeted for next week, a lot of work needs to stabilize quickly, or miss
- Advertised major updates from Tb2 and Tb3.0.x are live, and we're ramping up the throttle!
- 3.1.3 and 3.0.7 are scheduled for simultaneous release with the analogous Firefox updates.
Older Branch Work
- Will send the go for build #1 later today
- Registration for the Drumbeat Festival opens up this week
- Mozilla & P2PU School of Webcraft: Registration for first "beta" semester opens this Wed, Aug 25
- Project goal: developer training that's 100% free, open and globally accessible. Beta semester begins Sep 15
- 12 courses on offer. From HTML5 to Reading Code to Python Programming.
- Learn more and contribute at drumbeat.org/p2pu-webcraft
- Drumbeat project CrisisCommons Event this Friday. CrisisCamp Silicon Valley
- Sign up for the Drumbeat newsletter. Get the lowdown on Drumbeat projects
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|General Browsing, Private Browsing||Hamilton Ulmer||A handful of insights on how long the browser stays open, as well as how long people stay in private browsing.||http://bit.ly/ciKc9J, http://bit.ly/cKNqqU, http://bit.ly/bOd4sP|
|Mozilla Community Map||David Boswell||Demo and update on Community Map||http://www.mozilla.org/community|
|Add-ons API Coverage - Where we stand||Daniel Buchner||Demo the coverage/competitive comparison table||http://people.mozilla.com/~dbuchner/pages/apicoverage/index.html|
Status Updates By Team
- Ongoing work on various experimental Thunderbird add-ons:
- Half way through the San Jose router upgrades (going so well, no one even knew we started).
- Faulty optic in a San Jose router caused some connectivity issues. Have that interface disabled and are en route to replace optics.
- Amsterdam datacenter move: after a number of slips, it's actually moving this week.
- site will go offline during Tuesday local time while hardware is moved
- users will be directed to US-based sites instead
- QA Org Highlights
- Cameron Dawson, offer accepted. Start date 08/30
- Naoki Hirata, offer accepted. Start date 08/30
- Browser Technologies
- still testing pre-alpha releases for Fennec
- Signed off changes for production Sync services
- Signed off on Firefox Home Beta3, still are looking at some testing logistics for L10N testing.
- Desktop Firefox
- begin release testing for 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- finishing up FF 4 Beta4 testing, should be signed off Monday assuming issues with the PPC builds are resolved.
- QA Services
- Nightly tester alias is doing well. 110 people signed up so far and some good discussion around what nightly testers are observing. You can sign up here https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/nightly-testers
Automation & Tools
- Grafx bot UI updates are done, working on a small feature needed to restart the browser to switch between hardware & software rendering mode on Linux and Mac. Should be ready for Beta 5
- Bug Hunter VM rollout begins this week in Phoenix colo.
- Firebug test harness is now packaged python module - runFBTests
- The Automation & Tools staging buildbot staging environment should be online this week
- We're getting folks ready to help out with removing universal xp connect from mochitest a la bug 582472
- We also want to ensure that Debug CRT exceptions do not throw up modal dialogs on windows, so we are going to land a patch for bug 587982
- More information on our team page.
- Firefox 4 Beta 4 Hits Monday With Unlockable Hardware Acceleration
- Firefox 4 beta 4 gets GPU acceleration
- Tab Candy to Become a Standard Feature in Firefox
- Tab Candy to Become Standard For Firefox
- Mozilla Launching Fennec 2.0 Alpha in Coming Weeks, Beta Begin this Fall
- Mozilla Fennec 2 beta browser for Android, MeeGo coming this Fall
- Mozilla preps Fennec 2 Alpha for MeeGo and Android
- Community Marketing Call: Next call is Wednesday, August 25th at 10 a.m. PST/17:00 UTC. Please send agenda items to mary at mozilla dot com.
- You can watch the call live on Air Mozilla or dial in:
- +1.650.903.0800, followed by 92# and then 7391#
- Or you can use our toll-free number: +1.800.707.2533, followed by 369# and then 7391#. If you're outside the US, use Skype to call in with our toll-free number.
- For those that can't make the call or want to participate online, join us in #marketing on IRC (irc.mozilla.org).
- You can watch the call live on Air Mozilla or dial in:
- Maker Faire Africa - August 27-28, 2010; Nairobi, Kenya - William Quiviger, Raymond Etornam, Kwamena Apphia and Alex Wafula representing Mozilla / Mozilla is main sponsor this year
- DjangoCon.us 2010 - September 7 - 9th; Portland Oregon - Sponsoring and a few Mozilla web devs will be in attendance
- OWASP AppSec USA 2010 - September 7-10th; Southern California - This year we will have a booth, we are an organizational supporter and we have a speaking slot. Follow the wiki for more updates on our presence.
- Renegade Craft Fair Chicago 2010 - September 11-12, 2010 - We will have a booth and be doing some innovative activities. Check out the wiki for more details Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- Y4IT 2010 - September 14-17, 2010; University of the Philippines Dilman, Quezon City Philippines - We are sponsoring and will have a table - the Philippines community will be representing Mozilla.
- Open Video Conference 2010 - October 1-2, 2010; New York, NY - Looking over sponsorship opportunities.
- German Community Meetup 2010 - September 18-19 (Cologne, Germany) - 25 active German/Swiss/Austrian contributors gathering for 2-day workshop to discuss goals for next 2 quarters
- Bi-annual Aviary.Pl meeting - October 2-4 (Poznan, Poland) - 3-day workshop of active Polish contributors to review past 6 months and plan 6 months ahead
- Community Marketing Call: Next call is Wednesday August 25th at 10 a.m. PST/17:00 UTC. Please send agenda items to mary at mozilla dot com.
- Firefox Home will be released in 15 locales.
- Jetpack's l10n API implementation complete. Check this video screen cast by the contractor team from Indifex.
- The most recent Firefox 4 beta release will have localized version. 5 new locales participating
- 8 new locales on Firefox 4 nightlies starting today
- L10n-webdev i18n package started to make deploying websites easier.
- Stas and Pascal created a template for services.mozilla.com that will be expanded for use to any new sites developed by web dev
- Here's the patch showing a good start for the i18n package
Introducing New Hires
- Mozilla 2010 T-shirts. They're awesome, they're fancy, they're all the rage. Tell your friends! http://mzl.la/bBM5YP
- Community map is live. See David Boswell's lightning talk above