- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
- Webtools team is onsite this week doing a Socorro code sprint - if you have questions about Socorro, graph server, Elmo, DLL directory, Sheriffs, PTO, something else...come find us!
Monday, 8 August
Tuesday, 9 August
- Metrics ETL processing of web log data - Anurag & Daniel
- 12:00PM Pacific
- Presenting Metrics ETL processing.
Wednesday, 10 August
- N.N., Zurb (www.zurb.com) - Design Drives Action
- 12:00PM Pacific
- In this talk, we'll dive deep into the psychology of web users and show powerful examples to help illustrate how marketers can think beyond a single landing page and earn powerful bumps in sales through conversion actions.
Thursday, 11 August
Friday, 12 August
- MDN documentation sprint, starting at 14:00 UTC (7 am PT), running through 13 August
Product Status Updates
Firefox Future (6, 7, 8)
- The (hopefully) final Beta update for this cycle was released on Friday
- We're still tracking a couple of issues that may cause a rebuild
- Please live on this build for the week
- mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora source migration is on 2011-08-16. 1 week!
Firefox Current (3.6, 4.0, 5.0)
- 3.6.20 will be pushed to the beta audience tomorrow, on schedule
- 3.1.12 going out to beta channel today.
- Thunderbird 6 will be released next week.
- Thunderbird's Rapid Release document is up. Feedback welcome!
- Hackasaurus Game Sprint happening in new Mozilla Toronto office Aug 8 - 12
- Hackasaurus team + David Humphrey, Dan Mosedale & others working on game prototypes for X-Ray Goggles
- Details & early documentation:
- Looking for your ideas and input here
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|An Overview of Engagement Tools||Aakash Desai||An overview of the current state of how contributors can get involved with Mozilla and where we're aiming to go with the Engagement Tools initiative.|
Status Updates By Team
- Firefox 6 beta 5 shipped to Beta audience
- this will be the last beta before release on August 16th
- Juan is on vacation for the next couple of weeks, Anthony (ashughes) is in the driver seat
- Fennec 6 beta 5 tested and shipped to Android market
- Targeting device and website compatibility testing this week
- Moved all of James's Services documentation to the Services QA Wiki pages
- QA ramping up on OpenWebApps test strategy
- QA Community
- Automation Services
- New daily Mozmill test-runs for Firefox
Automation & Tools
- Refactor Special Powers so we can use the same API throughout our harnesses - bug 676274
- Lots of items in progress. More notes here
What's up with SUMO - Aug. 3
Meet new members of the SUMO team:
Introducing New Hires
- Christopher Lee: Firefox PM, working in MV under Asa!
- James Willcox: joining Mobile Platform team, working remotely from Michigan
- Mark Reid: joining the Metrics team, working remotely from Bridgetown NS, Canada
- Mark Goodwin: joining the Infrastructure Security Team, working remotely from UK
- Katherine Nelson: Taking her rightful place as a Full-Time member of the Recruiting team in MV