- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
- Robert Kaiser (KaiRo) would like to nominate Terry Rather, who has been and is continuing to be incredibly helpful by replying to every single email sent to webmaster-at-mozilla-dot-org, forwarding real issues to the right people and helping people with support requests.
- Naoki Hirata (nhirata) would like to nominate VictorC for helping out with Performance Testing on Test day.
- Shannon Prior would like to nominate Chrissie Brodigan, Lee Tom, Steven Garrity, Pascal Chevral, Anthony Ricaud and all of the localizers who helped with the State of Mozilla project!
Monday, 10 October
Tuesday, 11 October
- There will be a Firefox 7.0.1 post-mortem @ 10:00 am PDT
Wednesday, 12 October
Thursday, 13 October
- Firefox UX Team will present “Firefox Design Principles” — learn useful principles to guide you when building a Firefox feature, what our audience looks like, and what makes us different from other browsers. If we can pull it off, this will be simul-presented in San Francisco (by Alex Limi) and Mountain View (by Alex Faaborg), and streamed via Air Mozilla — look out for announcement of exact time on dev.planning. Tentatively scheduled for 2pm PST.
Friday, 14 October
Product Status Updates
Firefox Future (8, 9, 10)
- Nothing to say, keep on rocking mozilla-central
- FYI, the Aurora add-on compatibility bump will hopefully happen this week
Firefox Current (3.5, 3.6, 4.0 - 7.0)
- There will be a Firefox 7.0.1 post-mortem tomorrow @ 10:00 am PDT
- Work on the Java front end is moving ahead
- The beta channel has been updated with Thunderbird 8.
- Add-on compatibility bump has been run for 7 -> 8. Much earlier than our previous cycles and with 8 -> 9 we plan to run this before 9 gets onto beta.
- Lightning is now available for beta builds, download it from the developer channel on AMO.
- If you hadn't noticed, Thunderbird is starting to use Feature pages to track work. See the tb-planning topic for more information.
Older Branch Work
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Heather Arthur||Bugzilla Dashboard(s)||http://harthur.github.com/bzhome/||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Bugzilla:REST_API, http://toolness.github.com/bugzilla-dashboard, https://github.com/dangoor/buggerall|
| Shannon Prior
|| State of Mozilla
Status Updates By Team
- Test Execution
- Firefox 8 beta 2 (desktop/mobile) to be deployed this week
- Syncing issues should be 90% resolved today. If you're still having issues, please follow these instructions to report bugs.
- BrowserID testday this friday, Oct 14
- AMO 6.2.6: http://cl.ly/1i0T1j13263t2K0Q2e31
- SUMO http://moxie.jamessocol.com/bugstats/sumo/2011-10-04
- QA Community
- Automation Services
- Selenium 2.8 has been released
- Running your first Selenium test without the IDE: http://blog.softwaretestingclub.com/2011/10/running-your-first-selenium-test-without-the-ide/
- Q3/2011 in review: http://blargon7.com/2011/10/q32011-in-review/
Automation & Tools
- Hammered out our Q4 goals last week. If you'd like to help us out, ping us in #ateam on IRC.
- Mobile is 93% stable (7% orange). We're shooting for 95% stable (5% orange) to align with the desktop instability.
- More notes here
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time||Item|
|Mon Oct 10 / 13:00 PST||WebRTC Discussion|
|Wed Oct 12 / 13:00 PST||JetPack|
|Thu Oct 13 / 10:00 AM PST||Panel Based Download Manager|
|Thu Oct 13 / 11:00 AM PST||Silent Updates Service / Silent Update OS Dialogs|
- Mozilla: Rising revenue, but rising challenges
- Mozilla Releases Annual Report, Surveys The New Era Of Competition
- Mozilla bets on fundraising to diversify Google revenue
- Mozilla aims to add silent updating to Firefox 10
- Mozilla Talks Silent Updates, Plans Firefox Service
- Mozilla Plans to Silently Update Future Firefox Releases
Introducing New Hires
- Davor Spasovski: joining the Web Dev team, managed by Wil Clouser, located in the Mtn. View Office.
- Diane Bisgeier: Program Manager WebFWD, located in the SF office.