- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Kensie Connor for organizing Open Web Open Mic last week in Toronto
Monday, 15 April
Tuesday, 16 April
Wednesday, 17 April
Thursday, 18 April
- Grow Mozilla discussion at 10 AM pacific -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
- Intern presentations at 1-2:30pm PDT in 10FWD, SF Commons and TOR Commons. Come see Yiming Yang, Mack Duan and Luqman Aden present what they've been working on all winter!
Friday, 19 April
Saturday, 20 April
Sunday, 21 April
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: MV (johnath)
- New SocialAPI providers on Beta!
- So much dev tools hotness in the last few weeks
- Network panel
- Side docking toolbox
- Font inspector
- Browser console
Speaker Location: MV (johnath)
- FF20 for Android is the stable-est stable that ever stabled.
- Web Audio now enabled on nightlies, bumps Fennec html5test score to 431
- WebRTC has merged to m-c too, but is still pref'd off for the moment.
- No seriously, have you read Sriram's stuff on overdraw and view reduction on Android?
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: Matt in Toronto
Introducing a new open online course for Webmaker mentors: Teach the Web
- The course runs May 2 – June 30. Drop in anytime. Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) format.
- Learn how to teach digital literacy, coding and webmaking.
- Connect with other mentors, Moz Reps, educators and techies around the world.
- Get training and support for Maker Party 2013 -- our big upcoming summer learning campaign.
How to get involved:
- Sign up for the MOOC or learn more at webmaker.org/teach
- Get help and ask questions any time using the "#teachtheweb" hashtag
- Get started teaching right now. At webmaker.org/teach
- Help run the course. Looking for "Super Mentors" to help with moderation, blog posts and more.
Speaker Location: San Francisco
As part of our 15th anniversary, we'd like everyone to help us build a history of Mozilla told by Mozillians. Every week until the Summit, we'll be blogging a different milestone in our history and we'd like you to attach stories, photos of t-shirts, photos of other stuff, and videos in the comments of those posts.
One thing we could do with the stories Mozillians share is update the History of the Mozilla Project. Imagine the possibilities of combining our stories with the cutting-edge technology behind the Horsehead Saga Timelime.
Please share your memories about this Mozilla milestone: The Mozilla project begins
60 Seconds with Mozilla IT
Speaker Location: mrz in SF
- It's #neonmonday!
- A glance at two things we're doing for 2013 Q2
- We're building a NOC.
- Working with Taos on building a 24x7 Network Operations Center to support web properties & services such as Marketplace, Persona and product downloads.
- We're doing data center construction
- Building second phase at Vantage/SCL3 to support a consolidation project (collapsing two data centers into SCL3) & building sufficient room for more Release Engineering test hardware.
- Check out the graph on the right!
- We're building a NOC.
- We didn't sit still last week
- blog.mozilla.org performance & responsiveness improvements
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Mark Cornmesser||Amy Rich||Mountain View||Mountain View||Windows System Engineer|
|Alex Gibson||Michael Kelly||Toronto||UK||Sr. Front End Web Developer|
|Hema Koka||Mike Lee||Mountain View||Mountain View||Engineering Manager, Firefox OS|
|Dean Wilson||Mark Mayo||Mountain View||UK||Operations Engineer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- B2G/Gaia testing:
- 1 v1-train regression caught
- 6 new tests added
- Some coverage gained, some lost due to Marionette changes
- working through https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=860274 - Deploy bouncer redirect in support of 20.0.1 Firefox release
- brandon (dev) added tests for them in https://github.com/mozilla/bouncer-tests/pull/30/files
- Firefox Health Report
- v1.0 shipped
- mozilla.org test day last Friday April 5th, 2013 https://etherpad.mozilla.org/mozilla-org-testday-april-2013
- shipped https://mozilla.kanbanery.com/projects/33256/board/
- Milestone 04-04-2013 released this week
- Releases are blocked until stage is stood back up
- [tracker] Mo' stage, mo' problems: issues with backfilling and crontabber
Automation & Tools
- Many panda failures (intermittent reboots) have been diagnosed as a wiring issue in the chassis. Wiring is being replaced this week. Many thanks to jmaher, dividehex, and kmoir for some amazing debugging on this one
- Fixed some issues with errant bugmail in bugzilla
- Working with developers on an experimental microbenchmark performance suite - more to come as code starts to land.
- We noticed that our mentored bugs/good first bugs had gotten kind of stale and it was hard for contributors to really understand what is needed and what is required in those bugs. We're going to freshen those up this week, and we encourage other teams at Mozilla to do the same.
- Lots more underway here