- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- B2G Work week in Madrid - b2g landings are happening on the birch project branch
- Ann Yiming's Intern presentation is this Thursday, airmozilla at 1:30pm PDT
- Infrastructure meeting this week - Ted did you move that to Thursday?
- Milestone updates:
- B2G - carrying several tasks forward into Milestone 2
- Bugzilla - looking good
- SfN - moving milestone 1 start date to this week to begin the meat of it (prioritizing TreeHerder start higher)
- Mozbase - halfway through milestone 1
- Treeherder - in middle of milestone 2
- Mozmill - starting milestone 1 today
- Bugmaster - on track
- Infraload - late start to milestone 1 - measurement meeting this week. Brought some new iX systems online for talos and unit tests last week. Bisect in the cloud meeting today.
- Android x86 - might be pushing items from milestone 1 to milestone 2
- Started discussions with IT on phone_rack (our ability to power cycle real phones programmatically.)
- All work week documents submitted (not approved), tentative: August 5 - August 9 in London.
- Triage the mentored/good first bugs on the team. good first/mentored query and BugsAhoy list for test automation]
- Goal: Improve Developer/QA ergonomics around running and debugging automation by:
- Add debugger support to B2G testrunners
- Improve patch review experience on bugzilla/Make bugzilla more user-centric
- Replace graph server with Datazilla for all desktop Talos tests
- Create a project branch view of B2G builds/tests that tracks commits per target, rather than per repo (all commits to any repo for unagi for instance) joint with releng
- Goal: Improve stability, reliability, and scalability of automation platforms by:
- Addressing all P1 B2G automation stability issues
- Complete native REST interface for Bugzilla
- Complete Mochitest to Mozbase port
- Create POC Microbenchmark suite to get feedback from developers for its usefulness
- Reduce orange factor to 5 or lower (for the last three weeks of the quarter) by driving awareness among developers, following up with assignees, and fixing intermittent automation failures.
- Update pulse so that its dependent (client side) libraries are current for its use in Tree Herder
- Create a prototype and a specification for a rig to power cycle real phones. Have a vendor selected to build the rig by end of quarter.
- Goal: Build toward our future by:
- Deploy a minimally viable TBPL replacement by end of quarter, aim to switch over mid-Q3
- Release a mozmill 2 and work with contributor community to drive toward a 2.1
- Automate a scrolling fps test using camera Eideticker measurements for Contacts, Email, Settings, and Message apps
- Create and Deploy BMO user profile data for community building and education
- Create a solid net and filter system to build a bugmaster community
- Identify 5 things we can do to increase our infrastructure capacity by 10% through more streamlined usage and bringing new capacity online. (joint with releng)
- Enable performance and test automation to run on Android x86 hardware, investigate Android 2.3.x support on Pandas.
Mobile (1st Monday)
- panda failures determined to be small guage wiring in chassis, starting replacement of wiring in chassis this week, should be all done by end of next week.
Tools (2nd Monday)
- [glob] investigated weirdness with emails -- addressed one cause of db locks, wrote patch to address errant bugmail
- [glob] lots of upstream search code
- [dkl] lots of tracking flags work
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/857708,860580,861254
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 860580.
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 5.9
- [edmorley] Discussions about how to maintain dev workflow after switch to IT SCL3 ElasticSearch instance, when IT won't allow access to production (bug 772503, bug 849161, bug 860256).
Performance (3rd Monday)
- [sprint 1] is planned to start this week
- Almost finished bringing up new image analysis code for PointGrey
- lots of bimodal tests are cropping up
- added potential fix for tresize by switching from date.now() to performance.now()
- benchmark written as browser-chrome mochitest to measure specific feature of firefox
- written by developers
- using familiar tests, tools
- will not use special powers or other extensions in the browser/testscope
- will be a fresh browser start/stop per test
- will use a manifest to define tests
- will use datazilla as a medium to store results
- working with two developers right now to make this happen, have real tests cases to work with
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] 3 day week (PTO Monday, BACON conference Friday-Saturday).
- [edmorley] Misc qimportbz and bzexport patches: https://bugzil.la/860240,860241
Holidays and Trips
- Jgriffin in Madrid at B2G workweek
- [edmorley] TBC: PTO Tues 16th to finally move house (yey delays).