- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Tiziana and Aleksej for participating and filing bugs for the mozilla.org Test Day on Friday 5th April, 2013
Monday, 08 April
Tuesday, 09 April
- Security Champs: 13:00 PST » MTV-2J JK; SFO-7B The Warfield; TOR-5N Spadina (using the JK vidyo)
Wednesday, 10 April
- Open Web Open Mic @ Mozilla Toronto 5:30-9:00pm. Sign up!
Thursday, 11 April
Friday, 12 April
Saturday, 13 April
Sunday, 14 April
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- We shipped!
- And our uptake numbers are awesome
- But a surprising number of people have profile paths with UNC characters, so we're going to spin a point release bug 857672
- Australis approacheth
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- We shipped!
- People love their quit buttons, Ian has a blog post
- The new content fonts are here, the new content fonts are here! (On Beta)
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: @OpenMatt in Toronto
This week: lightning presentation from OpenNews. Showing off new demo: Tabula
"Liberate data trapped inside PDFs"
- Try out Tabula now. Or read more about it, grab the source code or become a contributor.
- Check out the new Open News Learning site. Programmatic solutions to journalistic problem sets. New case studies each week:
- Learn more about Mozilla Open News.
Speaker Location: no audio
- Highest priority is closing blocker bugs raised by the remaining certification passes by downstream partners. This set of bugs will rise and fall with each successive phase of testing. Rolling, rolling, rolling...
- Nearly feature-complete, waiting only for a few more Mail features and then MMS (a massive beast of a spec) support landing in the next couple of weeks.
- Kumar McMillan's Hacks.m.o post on Navigator.pay() got a ton of internet attention over the weekend, even making it onto BoingBoing.net.
Speaker Location: San Francisco
There was a Community Builders meetup in Toronto a couple of weeks ago where employees and volunteers from across the project worked on plans to address the highest priority community building needs. This group created a lot of things that will help all teams and local communities bring in new contributors.
If you're interested in bringing in new contributors to your project, now is the perfect time since the opportunity has never been greater. When we encouraged people to get involved with Mozilla as part of promotions for Mozilla's 15th anniversary, we had over 1,600 potential volunteers contact us in a single day.
60 Seconds with Mozilla IT
Speaker Location: mrz in SF
- 2013 Q1 Review, in -3- bullet points
- Rolled out Bugzilla upgrade from 4.0 to 4.2. And moved it to faster hardware. Shout out to Byron, David & Mark from the BMO team.
- Moved to a new office in Paris. Monumental amount of effort to have Internet, wifi and video conferencing up in a matter of days.
- Our product delivery CDN peaked at nearly 200Gbps. What's a "jigga bit"? That's like downloading a full length movie every second. Or watching 5600 Blu-ray movies AT THE SAME TIME. Or like downloading 5 DVDs every second.
- We didn't sit still last week
- Both the Web Tools and DBA teams helped Mozilla IT proactively upgrade our PostgreSQL infrastructure, in response to major security vulnerability release, starting with Socorro crash reporting systems
- Pushed out the first official release of the Firefox Health Report
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|OpenNews demo: Tabula||Dan Sinker, Manuel Aristarán (OpenNews Fellow @ La Nación), Mike Tigas (OpenNews Fellow @ ProPublica), Jeremy B. Merrill (ProPublica)||Tabula - PDF tabular data extractor||Screen share demo from Mike||http://source.mozillaopennews.org/en-US/articles/introducing-tabula/ https://github.com/jazzido/tabula|
|Head of Knowledge Cultivation||Dia Bondi||Capture Mozilla- state of the thing|| The Ask:
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Gijs Kruibosch||Justin Dolske||Mountain View||Netherlands||Software Engineer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
- Mozilla seeks to integrate payment system into Firefox OS
- Mozilla Moves Ahead With Its Plans For A Common Web API For Payments
- After Testing It With Facebook Messenger, Mozilla Signs Up Weibo, Mixi, MSN Now And CliqZ To Firefox’s Social API