- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Pierre-Louis Augier aka pl6025 for answering the huge amount of emails that arrived on the contribute-fr mailing list , nicely explaining to people what to do if they needed help or wanted to help.
- Konstantina Papadea, Alexandros Mioglou and Thalia Papoutsaki (the team leader) for not only volunteering to help localize Facebook posts in Greek, but by also taking the initiative to start their new community Twitter account, @Firefox_GR (give them a follow!)
- Team Aviary.PL for adding localizing Facebook posts in Polish to their Firefox to-do list.
- Our long-time awesome social media volunteers from Mozilla Hispano, Mozilla PT, Mozilla DE, Mozilla ID. Thanks to all our super teams, we are now posting in 7 languages! Woot! for our social superstars!
- Jake Watkins (dividehex) and Kim Moir (kmoir) For re-wiring all the panda boards so that they are less flaky!
- Francisco Picolini (franc), Guillermo López (willyaranda), Rubén Martín (nukeador) & Mozilla Hispano for their support and participation at Saturday's Firefox OS App Workshop in Madrid.
- SUMO contributors satdav, feer56, zombie, espressive, tjovanovic, iNerd, ariestiyansyah, yalam96, pychen, hermina_condei, willyaranda, adampeebleswrites, Tonnes, Swarnava, and Scoobidiver for their awesome work on the Firefox OS User Guide
- Last week's B2G workweek was awesome. Literally. To make that happen, a bunch of invisible prep-work happened.
- Nightly builds
- now generate device builds for: Arm (panda boards), Otoro, Unagi, Unagi-ENG, Inari, Hamachi, Leo
- for each of those devices, we generate "nightly" builds twice a day. Once for 8am PDT morning. Once for 8am Madrid CET morning.
- ... on each of mozilla-central, mozilla-b2g18, mozilla-b2g18_v1_0_1
- Stood up an extra 250 slaves. More importantly, created 22 masters in AWS so we now have 70 masters and can quickly burst to create more slaves if needed.
- Reimaged 80 in-house build & test machines to optimize for Firefox OS development based on recent usage trend.
- Opened up an alternate to mozilla-inbound; birch allowed b2g-workweek developers a less crowded branch to land on.
- Nightly builds
All those change made a big difference. Last week, 1490 checkins were landed, and all systems held above 90% for the week!
Please give thanks to RelEng/ATeam/IT. specifically the following:
- catlee, rail, hwine, armenzg (RelEng)
- ctalbert, jmaher, jgriffin, edmorley, ryanvm (ATeam)
- dmoore, arr, fox2mike, vin, jakem, solarce, sheeri, klibby (IT)
Monday, 22 April
Tuesday, 23 April
- 0700 PST: Bi-Monthly Security Champions (morning version) - J/K Vidyo room (5227)
- W3C HTML Working Group meeting in San Jose
Wednesday, 24 April
- W3C HTML Working Group meeting in San Jose
Thursday, 25 April
- W3C WebApps Working Group meeting in San Jose
Friday, 26 April
Saturday, 27 April
- MDN Doc Sprint in Vancouver, day 2
Sunday, 28 April
- MDN Doc Sprint in Vancouver, day 3
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: akeybl, MV
- We're halfway through the current cycle - only ~3wk left to put a bow on FF21 (make sure to test FHR!)
- Also check out WebRTC demos on Aurora 22 - the targeted first release for WebRTC (currently converging)
- The reunification of Desktop/B2G Gecko versions is being discussed (B2G workweek)
Speaker Location: akeybl, MV
- Firefox for Android is now on the Yandex.Store!
- WebRTC ready for testing. Read about flipping the pref.
- Front-end team is running a UI Hackathon this week. More details and current bug list.
- Nightly treats: Domain auto-completion in the awesomebar, Caching search terms in the awesomebar and changing the default search provider.
The project needs more people to use Thunderbird Beta - it can be obtained from http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/channel/
Older Branch Work
No verbal update here -- Lightning Presentation to follow
President Obama helps kick off our new summer campaign
Hacking at the White House: introducing Maker Party 2013
We’re extremely excited to be participating in today’s White House Science Fair — and even more excited to have President Obama help us kick off our new summer-long Maker Party: thousands of community-led events around the world to celebrate the amazing things we can make and learn thanks to the Web.
- Read the Mozilla blog post
- Watch the White House announcement live.
- Join the party. Sign up for updates at webmaker.org/party
- Get training and support. Through our new open online course at webmaker.org/teach
- Spread the word. By re-tweeting sample tweets like these.
- Join @Mozilla for a global #MakerParty from June 15 - Sept 15. President Obama just kicked it off at the #whsciencefair: http://mzl.la/party
Speaker Location: Dietrich (remote)
- Successful workweek in Madrid last week!
- 9 companies participated, nearly 200 people attended.
- Next up for 1.0.1 release is certification: IOT, GCF, PTCRB, USB, WiFi, Bluetooth, CE, FCC.
Speaker Location: San Francisco
Help us build a history of Mozilla told by Mozillians. Please share your memories about this Mozilla milestone:
- October 28, 1998: New roadmap announces major rewrite
Internet Public Policy
Speaker Location: Gerv (remote)
- The Internet Public Policy module now has a Bugzilla product for tracking issues
- File any suggestions for public policy issues Mozilla should be taking up (in any country) via our shiny new form
60 Seconds with Mozilla IT
Speaker Location: mrz in MV
- Ever wonder what Mozilla IT is or what we do?
- We keep the lights on.
- We're like your landlord - when the roof blows off, the ceiling leaks or the outside needs repainting, we do it. But we have no control over the furniture. Sometimes we see tenants on their way in or out or we're called in when they're having a loud party but other than that, we stay out of your way.
- In other words, "we make sure the house is in good shape but we can always give tips about the indoors."
- If you want to have a loud party, let us know! We love parties!
- File under "What you don't see might be more important than what you do see"
- Last week Mozilla suffered a huge multi-day outage with our fiber provider between Northern California and Arizona. It took down both fiber connections.
- Everything failed over to the backup VPN.
- I bet no one even knew this!
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|David Ascher||Introducing Mozilla Hatchery||"Hatchery Program for Innovation at Mozilla"||Vancouver||Didem Ersoz & Jinghua Zhang in Mountain View; Aaron Druck & Diane Bisgeier in San Francisco; Simon Wex in British Columbia & Paula LeDieu in London;||https://blog.mozilla.org/labs/2013/04/announcing-mozilla-hatchery/||https://mozillalabs.com/en-US/hatchery/|
|John Slater||Director of Creative||"Plug for upcoming Firefox OS brown bag (and t-shirt giveaway)"||San Francisco||no screen share||--||Stay tuned for more details coming via email.|
|Michelle Thorne||Webmaker Mentor Team||Maker Party 2013||Mozilla office, Berlin||Yes||Slides||Maker Party 2013 announced today at the White House. Mozilla is hosting a global campaign to celebrate things we can make and learn on the web. Sign up for updates and to get involved.|
|Dino Anderson||Organizational Development||"Rosetta Stone Relaunch May 1 and 2"||San Francisco||no screen share||Rosetta Stone wiki||Look for Rosetta Stone Relaunch reminder in e-mail.|
|Laura Thomson||Webtools Engineering Manager||YearUp Walk For Opportunity||Remote (Maryland, US)||No||--||Walk For Opportunity website|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||From which office will that introduction be transmitted?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Daniel Coates||Ben Adida||Mountain View||San Francisco||Software Engineer, Identity|
|Michael Henretty||Lucas Adamski||Mountain View||Mountain View||Software Engineer|
|Matea Lisica||Lori Jashinsky||Mountain View||Mountain View||Workplace Resources Space Planner|
|Sakina Groth||Chad Weiner||Mountain View||Charlotte, NC||Product Marketing Manager, Apps Marketplace|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Benjamin Bouvier||Luke Wagner||Mountain View||Mountain View||Platform Engineering|
|Deian Stefan||Dave Herman||Mountain View||San Francisco||Research Engineering|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Was a light week from the Engagement/Web Production projects' side, due to their work week
- Engagement Projects
- Firefox Flicks added new judges, carousel images and blog posts
- Firefox Marketplace
- working on obtaining coverage for in-app payments testing in our shipping countries
- Milestone 41 moved to 04.18.13 - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&target_milestone=42&product=Socorro&list_id=6335267
- Community Members Onboarding
- New Community Contributor Spotlight post! https://quality.mozilla.org/2013/04/contributor-spotlight-parul-mathur/
Automation & Tools
- B2G measurements using Eideticker are starting to arrive
- Moving Autophone into AWS for future proofing our Fennec startup results dashboard (as well as making those numbers far more stable)
- Working toward reducing orange factor for mobile platforms by aiding with the testing of the re-wired panda chassis and investigating robocop failures
- Ran Infrastructure load focus group meeting -- more information coming soon w.r.t. what our measurements will show and what we predict various proposed solutions' impact to be.
- For more information, please see our page