- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of the Tree
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Mihneadb /mih-na-db/ for tracking down the 100's of xpcshell tests with static ports and other problems, and fixing them up so they can be run in parallel.
- Scoobidiver for single-handedly keeping support documentation up-to-date. He updated over 100 documents in the last 3 weeks.
Monday, 15 July
Tuesday, 16 July
- Mt. View Meetup, Ten Forward - UI Testing of Firefox OS
Wednesday, 17 July
On Wednesday from 1:30-2:30 p.m. EDT (17:30-18:30 UTC) we’ll be holding a Twitter chat with Mitchell Baker, Executive Chair of Mozilla, about Firefox OS to address these questions and comments, and we’d love for you to join us!
How to participate:
- Log onto Twitter and follow the conversation with the #FirefoxOSChat hashtag.
- Submit your own thoughts and/or questions about Firefox OS, also using the #FirefoxOSChat hashtag (and #FirefoxOS if you have room).
- Chime in and help answer questions if you have the answers.
- RT (Retweet) comments from Mitchell or other chatters that you find interesting and worthy of sharing.
Thursday, 18 July
Friday, 19 July
Saturday, 20 July
Sunday, 21 July
(Not actually next week) Thursday, Aug 1 - Manager Hacking
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox Desktop & Mobile
Speaker Location: akeybl in MV
- Beta 23: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/mobile/23.0beta/releasenotes/
- Mixed content blocking, and Lion style scrollbars for OS X
- RSS support in mobile, and you can now change your default search easily
- Aurora 24: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/24.0a2/auroranotes/
- Off-Main-Thread-Compositing (OMTC) enabled in OSX for smoother video
- Pass URLs off through NFC (think bump) and try WebRTC on the phone
- Changing the search provider in the search bar changes it globally in Firefox desktop
- Australis (our front-end redesign) is now weeks away from landing, we'll need your help once it does!
Teaching the Web! with Girls Learning Code
- Girls Learning Code are in the Mozilla Toronto community space today.
- 50 girls aged 8 to 14, learning the basics of coding and programming -- using tools like Scratch, plus Mozilla Webmaker tools like Thimble and X-Ray Goggles
- Interested in getting involved in events like these? There's learning parties, hack jams and teaching sessions like these happening around the world as part of Maker Party
- Our Maker Party campaign manager, Amira, is here to talk a bit about what happened last week -- and what's coming up this week.
Speaker Location: SF (Ryan Seys)
Speaker Location: Dietrich (PDX)
- Firefox OS 1.0.1
- Poland launch last week! See these shots of billboards and other stuff.
- Firefox OS 1.1
- Completed chipset commercialization testing
- OEM testing is ongoing
- Firefox OS 1.2
- Teams split into groups by functional area
- Requirements mostly done, feature development kicking off
Speaker Location: San Francisco
Help us build a history of Mozilla told by Mozillians. Please share your memories about this Mozilla milestone:
60 seconds with IT
Speaker Location: Boston
- Newsgroup/mail list gatewaying fixed
- bugzilla.mozilla.org is now active/passive in scl3 and phx1, should we lose scl3, we should be able to have phx1 bugzilla up and running in under 10 mins.
- We have upgraded our load balancers to have more capacity.
- This is the bottleneck that caused bugzilla to be slow for a few weeks.
- DB engineering worked with Services to make sure AMO/marketplace databases are ready for migration (to AWS) , and to upgrade persona databases
- With the work this weekend - bugzilla failover testing, beginning upgrades to MySQL 5.6 in dev/stage
- Effective 7/09/13 We now store up to 1 full year's worth of daily database backups in phx1. (coming soon to SCL3 and phx1 corp)
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Michael Coates||Manager Hacking||Manager Hacking Lives On!||SF||no||N/A||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Manager_Hacking|
|Ben Sullins||Make pretty charts||MozTrap Results Dashboard in Tableau||Mi Casa||Yes||N/A||http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGgkiBhkRHk|
|David Slater||Product Marketing||Firefox OS/Marketplace Poland launch highlights to date||Mountain View||Yes||N/A|
|Emmanuel Michel||Year Up Intern||Upcoming "Around the Campfire" Event||Mountain View||No||N/A||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Around_the_Campfire|
|Geoffrey MacDougall||http://mzl.la/fundraising||StopWatching.Us: What's next?||Had to abandon for another call. I will write a blog post and share over Yammer.|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|Potch||How do we support Firefox OS users?||Here is a short meeting where we talk about how support for Firefox OS works and how Mozillians can participate in Firefox OS user support: https://air.mozilla.org/the-mobile-meeting-sumo/|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians!
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Frédéric Harper||Mark Coggins||San Francisco||Canada Remote (QC)||Firefox OS|
|Jacqueline Savory||Jaime Chen||San Francisco||Vancouver||Firefox Mobile OS|
|Chris Mills||Ali Spivak||San Francisco||UK Remote||MDN - Firefox OS Documentation|
|Samuel Penrose||Lloyd Hilaiel||Remote||San Francisco||Persona|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
Join us in #security on IRC
Intro to security managers at Mozilla:
- Michael Coates - Security Assurance
- Yvan Boily - Web & Services Security
- Sid Stamm - Security Engineering
- Joe Stevensen - Operations Security
- Paul Theriault - Firefox OS Security
- Dan Veditz - Firefox Security
Many more in the Mozilla Security community
Firefox OS launch with Deutsche Telekom in Poland was a success, resulting in over 300 stories worldwide. Overall sentiment of coverage was neutral to positive, and coverage in Poland (launch market) and Germany was positive.
Joing tech letter on NSA appearing Wednesday (7/17)
Mitchell's Twitter chat this Wednesday (7/17)
KDDI FxOS press event in SF office (7/23)
Comms team at Wanderlust Festival in Tahoe to promote Firefox by hosting a tech tent (7/17 - 7/21)