- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- Thanks to Bob Thulfram for his series of detailed blog posts on game programming for Firefox OS. So far this month he's covered localStorage, asyncStorage and IndexedDB as well as two game reviews!
- Thanks to Nishanth Anchala, and the entire team of student organizers at Techfest, IIT Bombay for bringing and supporting Mozilla and Firefox OS to one of Asia's largest tech conferences.
Monday, 13 January
Tuesday, 14 January
- 1300 PST: Security Champions
- Vidyo room 624
- IRC: #security
- US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 - Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 - Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 - Conference num 9624
Wednesday, 15 January
- Homebrew Website Club Meeting, 18:30-19:30 simultaneously at Mozilla SF and @ESRIPDX. Description:
Any questions? See the wiki page or feel free to contact Tantek (Mozilla SF host for the meeting).
Are you building your own website? Indie reader? Personal publishing web app? Or some other digital magic-cloud proxy?
If so (or you want to!), come on by and join a gathering of people with likeminded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site. Exchange information, swap ideas, talk shop, help work on a project, whatever...
Thursday, 16 January
Friday, 17 January
Saturday, 18 January
- CHICAGO. Hive Chicago: gearing up for a big Maker Party this Saturday, Jan. 18th. Part of Chicago City of Learning initiative. Teaching digital skills and awarding digital badges.
Sunday, 19 January
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- Desktop team is at a work week this week, no update (but more to come, soon!)
Speaker Location: remote (mfinkle)
- Work continues on integrating FxAccounts into Firefox for Android (and Desktop)
- Pageload throbber is dead, long live the progressbar
- Look for tab sharing/streaming sometime soon
- Announced at CES Panasonic: Next Generation Smart TVs powered by Firefox OS and more.
- Announced the Firefox OS Tablet Contributor Program More details to follow soon. Asa Dotzler firstname.lastname@example.org is the primary contact.
- Great progress on the Firefox OS Visual Refresh and DSDS over the last weeks.
- Discussions continue on changes to the development schedule among B2G Drivers on list and in weekly meeting. No decision final yet.
- I'm publishing weekly updates on the significant changes in Firefox OS at my blog asadotzler.com - will add m.d.b2g and m.d.gaia to that distribution this week.
- 1.3 stabilization is still priority #1
- APC Paper is shipping (movie)!
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: non-verbal
- Join our new community calls. Want to help teach the web? Join Webmaker Mentor Community Calls -- now every two weeks on Thursdays at 15:00 UTC/10am EST/7am PST. Next call is Jan. 23rd
- Innovative new ways to teach the web. Check out this new Hive NYC project portfolio and blog post
- Hive Chicago: gearing up for a big Maker Party this Saturday, Jan. 18th. Part of Chicago City of Learning initiative. Teaching digital skills and awarding badges.
Speaker Location: non-verbal
- Open Badges Year in Review. Interactive timeline and blog post on what the Open Badges community accomplished in 2013
- Highlights: launching 1.0 in March. Building a badge system for the city of Chicago. Bill Clinton committed to reaching 2 million people through badges with Mozilla and MacArthur Foundation. Zeroing in on BadgeKit. + more
Speaker Location: non-verbal
- Check out this great hack by MoCo colleague Victor Ng to help researchers better access open scholarly content
- Best Practices for Scientific Computing. 24 specific things scientists can do to get more done in less time with less pain, by Greg Wilson and the Software Carpentry community.
Speaker Location: Austin (miketaylr)
- Vimeo launched a new (h264) HTML5 player which works nicely on Firefox Mobile and FxOS.
- M3U8/HLS streaming support recently landed in Firefox Mobile. Still work to do for FxOS and <video @src> support.
- Youtube videos cut off in FxOS browser fixed.
- Google fixes G+ mobile menu bug.
And a friendly reminder to dogfood and use the Mobile Web Compatibility Form to report any compat issues!
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Erin Knight||Open Badges||Open Badges Year in Review||Internetz (Remote)||Tiki Toki Timeline: http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/216462/Open-Badges-in-2013/#vars!date=2013-12-28_20:15:00!||For more info: More at http://openbadges.tumblr.com/post/71643223520/2013-the-year-in-review and|
|2014 Knight-Mozilla Fellows||Knight-Mozilla OpenNews||Please say hello and help us welcome our new Fellows, who will be in SF for the week for onboarding!||Mozilla SF office||Meet the Fellows: http://opennews.org/fellowships/2014meet.html||n/a||n/a|
|Brian Anderson||Research Engineer, Rust||Rust 0.9||MV office||n/a||n/a||https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/rust-dev/2014-January/007753.html|
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Eugen Sawin||Bradford Lassey||Mountain View||Germany Remote||Software Engineer - FFOS|
|Douglas Sherk||Faramarz Rashed||Mountain View||Toronto Office||Software Engineer - FFOS|
|Robert Rayborn||Matthew Grimes||Mountain View||San Francisco||User Advocacy|
|Joni Savage||Ibai Garcia||Mountain View||Seattle||Content Manager|
|Lawrence Lin||Brian Huang||Video playing from Toronto||Taiwan Taipei office||Firefox OS Senior QA Engineer|
|Penton Sun||Natasha Ma||Video playing from Toronto||Taiwan Taipei office||PR Manager|
|Amy Lee||Patryk Adamczyk||Toronto Office||Toronto Office||Visual Designer - FFOS|
|Daniel Stenberg (:bagder)||Jason Duell||Seattle||Sweden||Networking Stack (HTTP, etc).|
|Aleh Zasypkin||Mark Finkle||Remote||Germany (Berlin Office)||Software Engineer - FxMetro|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Speaker Location: San Francisco
60 Seconds with IT for 1/13/2014:
• On Saturday we moved the tegra (Android 2.2) infrastructure from MTV to one of our Santa Clara datacenters. Thanks to amazing efforts by the team, we were able to complete the entire takedown/back online cycle in 8 hours - a fraction of the budgeted 48.
• All of the android 2.2 mobile infrastructure is now in an environment with higher availability and faster recovery time.
• This move also marks the last significant chunk of releng infrastructure out of the MTV, which paves the way for us being able to move to the new office without a tree closing interruption to developers.
• We're now running a locally caching resolver on every system in our data centers, this will reduce the load on our internal dns services and increase the reliability of services that depend on dns.
• migration of volumes (some IT internal, but all of the product delivery volumes) to new, bigger, better, faster, clustered filer, which should allow us to keep running with fewer disruptions in the future.
• SSH access to PaaS apps is now working with the Mozilla datacenter VPN, providing easy and reliable developer shell access to their application instances.
The benefits of all this to you? - Higher availably - Faster recovery time - More reliable services